Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 13-7-2015

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

So that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

You gotta feel bad for Bayley

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well that was worth staying up for :) , But now off to bed i go

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

You gotta feel bad for Bayley

I'm sure she'll feel better when she wins the womens title in Brooklyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Barrett, I'm afraid I've got some bad news....You're losing to R-Truth for the 3rd (or 4th?) time.

• Advertisement

CJ1pzThVAAAlgIx.jpg
    CJ1pz27UYAAwOMe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Stick it up your Chernobyl."

A rare Kevin Owens misfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

seeing the nxt women was great. Era I lasted nearly three hours so I'm out.

Cesaro isn't human.

CJ14q6UVAAANrdY.jpg

That's class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Shame no Cody..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Don't like Sasha Banks being stuck with Tamina and Naomi. Could they not have brought out just Naomi or some other diva and put them with the Bellas, and then allowed Sasha to be on the NXT team ?

Don't like Sasha Banks being stuck with Tamina and Naomi. Could they not have brought out just Naomi or some other diva and put them with the Bellas, and then allowed Sasha to be on the NXT team ?

Wasn't too keen on Stephanie introducing them but blah.

Who wants Sasha as a babyface?

Sasha can work Paige, Charlotte and Becky on the main roster.

The trios concept means Bellas, Total Divas etc still gets pushed & the NXTers won't get quickly relegated to WWE Superstars and Main Event.

It also a change of pace from mind games, lesbian pollen, frenemies singles Diva feuds of the last 2+ years.

That Rollins tirade at the end was awesome. Best heel promo I've seen in a while.

Haven't seen the end of raw yet but I've been looking at the reaction to the nxt women's debut on the main roster and it's been very positive bar one forum that is nit picking about things instead of being happy.

Also yeah the Steph thing was weird her being face and her being out there but we know that when Steph is involved they were at least get time and it was going to be booked okay.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Haven't seen the end of raw yet but I've been looking at the reaction to the nxt women's debut on the main roster and it's been very positive bar one forum that is nit picking about things instead of being happy.

Also yeah the Steph thing was weird her being face and her being out there but we know that when Steph is involved they were at least get time and it was going to be booked okay.

The Total Divas music playing at the end was fierce cringe.

Paige should introduced Becky and Charlotte this week. Sasha with a grudge being overlooked should debuted WEEKS later.

rovert wrote: »
    The Total Divas music playing at the end was fierce cringe.

Paige should introduced Becky and Charlotte this week. Sasha with a grudge being overlooked should debuted WEEKS later.

Also I only coped onto the fact that Paige isn't on total divas unless I've missed it. Well I get what you're saying Rovert but maybe they had to change it with bayleys injury. I hope bayley call up is handled as good as tonight as she deserves it just as much as the other three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Also I only coped onto the fact that Paige isn't on total divas unless I've missed it. Well I get what you're saying Rovert but maybe they had to change it with bayleys injury. I hope bayley call up is handled as good as tonight as she deserves it just as much as the other three.

Pretty sure Paige is on Total Divas. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

My better half watches it, Paige had definitely been on it

Pretty sure Paige is on Total Divas. :)

it appears she is. How did I think she wasn't ? I think I saw a picture and she wasn't in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Good RAW. Defiantly check out divas segment and triple threat match.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As others have said, I would have preferred if they had introduced the NXT women over a number of weeks. It would have prevented that seemingly neverending feud between the Bellas and Paige the last while. At least they've done it now, though.

In other news, Cesaro is phenomenal. Short of firing rainbows out of his arse I don't know what he has to do to get a push.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

That's class

'Tis.

Woulda been neat if Stardust had said something about gravitational collapse and/or black holes getting Adrian Neville in the end.

Maybe Neville could get a rogues gallery. King Barrett? Ascension? Adam Rose?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

With Cody, I can't help but think of the rumours about a match with Stephen Amell at Summerslam, and it would tie in with the "comic book villain" vibe they started off on last night....

=====

Anyway, the thing that got me last night was the confusion between who was face and who was heel during quite a few segments.

Steph is usually THE heel in WWE, but was obviously face when talking down to Team Bella. Cameron/Tamena are usually heels but Sasha was clearly treated like a face in her introduction and her display.

Brock/Heyman are faces, but brought up the Taker's streak again, which gets them booed (They know this cause it happened last week), and linked Taker strongly to Kane, the heel. Though my guess is they want Rollins to be able to claim he's the one who beat the one etc etc.

But then there's what was effectively a face turn for Rusev; just back from injury, he answers the open challange, and is stopped by Kevin Owens. He agrees to a triple threat which is an epic battle and eventually manages the win to get his title shot, which has to happen straight away. Cena jumps in and just pounds him; our "hero" (Cena) is at 100% and seems not only willing but very eager to attack a guy in an unfair match up. They even book a beatdown (which usually the heel issues to the face) with Rusev making the crowd-pleasing come back, and then the screwjob out of winning the match.

I know I've harked on about how I dislike the wonky face/heel booking between Ziggler and Rusev over the last two weeks, but this was an out-and-out example of Rusev being booked in the face role, and Cena being booked as the bad guy. :confused:

====

Anyway, the triple threat was great and Cesaro has grabbed the ball and ran with it big time over the last three weeks (in spite of the loses). The NXT Divas debut was really enjoyable, in spite of Stephanie (Whose speech came across like "Well, everyone else is letting women be good at sports, I guess we have to as well"). Writing Kane out of the match this week is good as well, and hopefully he's gone for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CJ14q6UVAAANrdY.jpg

That's class

Dresses like Mister sinister....

250px-Sinister89ohtmu.png

But looks a small bit like Apocolypse in that pic

9955f833595f64fe67a3cf11e1558eb8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Saw that Diva Invasion thing on Youtube. Did Sasha really got no reaction at all like it seems on the the 'puter?

Cody got a lot of grief online for staying Stardust and a heel his wife (Eden) fired back:
    http://www.beingbrandirunnels.com/?p=107

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Pretty much stopped watching WWE but I am a big fan of the NXT divas so just watched the divas segment when I heard about it.

It was cool...but I dunno, I have very little confidence that WWE can pull this off. It's like when they take something cool that the fans love but they don't quite understand why the fans love it so and end up making it uncool. If one of these girls ends up in boring 5-minute matches against Nikki Bella then it isn't gonna work. This 3-team tag team match (i assume that's what they are going for on Battleground) feels llike one of those divas matches they do to get a few divas onto the card by throwing them together randomly to the point where they all feel interchangeable.

Their best hope is that the fans stay behind these three women long enough for WWE to figure out how to get it right.

There was also an annoying emphasis on Stephanie and that this is her project so that if it works it can feed the McMahon family ego; in reality if she stays involved the fans may rebel against it if it gives the impression that this is being shoved down people's throats.

Anyway it's early days, and I'm not complaining about the segment itself, but I just don't have confidence that the WWE main roster people can pull this off.

One thing they could do with is having Natalya back and make her Divas Champion with the NXT women having some excellent title matches against her before one eventually prevails. She could be excellent as the talented veteran heel. I know she's home with Tyson Kidd but she said she's available for TV if needed and I'm sure a title run could tempt her back. Remember it was a Natalya-Charlotte match in NXT (the one with Ric and Bret in their corners) which kicked off this new era. Nikka Bella as champion doesn't work so well - she's not going to be having 4-star matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Surprised Sasha didn't wear the title like Owens did on his debut, especially when she was introduced as champ.
    But great seeing them all up (minus poor Bayley. They turn on her. They leave her. Not fair) :)
    Just hope they get the time on the main roster that they get in NXT.

Was there any reason for bringing them all up at once now? Thought Becky looked the weakest of the new ones just because she sat in the corner for a long time and didn't get too much offence in

• Advertisement

Wrestling fans are strange. They berate Cody for coming back as Stardust and not wanting to exploit his fathers death, yet EVERYONE said Rey doing the same with Eddie was totally tasteless(it was of course).

Good show overall.

Randy acting all wacky cracks me up. You can tell he doesnt give a **** and just goes out there and amuses himself. Sheamus booked like a geek again.

Diva's segment was great. Steph being out there was kind of wtf but whatever. Alinging Sasha against Becky, Charlotte and Paige is smart as that means she can have matches against them and she's better as a heel anyway.

Triple threat was awesome. If Cesaro stole the show, Rusev was his getaway driver. Rusev was absolutely class last night. Selling, his endurance and just having a great match. The promo before cracked me up too. He desperately needed a showing like this. The loss didn't hurt Cesaro at all, Rusev really needed that win and he looked awesome against Cena too.

Typical contract signing segment but Seth's total breakdown at the end was great. We've seen before when he's cornered and desperate he becomes absolutely viscous and vile and he cut a hell of a promo.

Advertisement