Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Options

Comments

Naismith now at Norwich, 5.0. Worth keeping an eye on.

Also the obvious one: Austin at saints, 7.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

If he finally cements a place, Kyle Naughton at 4.6 aint too bad. I've brought him in. A mixture of good and bad fixtures coming up. If he loses his place, I can wildcard him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

stephenl15 wrote: »

Stupidity from Allardyce. Hopefully Mannone's attempt at saving Bournemouth's first will make him reconsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Crystal Palace sign Emmanuel Adebayor on a free transfer. Priced at 5.8 in FPL, he could be worth a punt (form dependent obviously) for those looking for a differential in the latter stages of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Crystal Palace sign Emmanuel Adebayor on a free transfer. Priced at 5.8 in FPL, he could be worth a punt (form dependent obviously) for those looking for a differential in the latter stages of the season.

With the Andros Townsend Spacecraft Experience also back in action there could be a time when ye'll be referring to me as Mr "Tactics Tim Sherwood" Prodston before the season is over :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Andros Townsend has as many league goals/assists combined as Gabriel Obertan over the last 4 seasons....in case there was anybody getting over excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 7m7 minutes ago
    3 - Emmanuel Adebayor scored on his Premier League debut for each of Arsenal, Man City and Tottenham. Eager.

He always does well when he's playing for a contract

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

mectavba wrote: »
    Andros Townsend has as many league goals/assists combined as Gabriel Obertan over the last 4 seasons....in case there was anybody getting over excited.

Has any player inspired as many pointless statistical comparisons as Andros in the FSA, is it people trolling for a response from me:pac:
    He's gone from Spurs but lives on in my heart, with this season lost to me now I may put my money where my mouth is once he looks guaranteed the starts, which I think he should be. He'll surely be good for a Monday night goal/assist combo to get me past Lemlin in the FSA premier some week.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

With KdB looking like being out for a while Jesus Navas could be a decent differential at 6.1m.

Could be very frustrating but could also be a nice gamble. Ownership only just over 34,000

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

lougal88 wrote: »
    With KdB looking like being out for a while Jesus Navas could be a decent differential at 6.1m.

Could be very frustrating but could also be a nice gamble. Ownership only just over 34,000

No garauntee he'll play. Yaya, Sterling and Silva quite likely to be the three behind Agüero imo. In which case Yaya is interesting.

Oh. And also. Navas is brock! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

FHFC wrote: »
    No garauntee he'll play. Yaya, Sterling and Silva quite likely to be the three behind Agüero imo. In which case Yaya is interesting.

Oh. And also. Navas is brock! :)

I think it'll be YaYa and Delph/Fernandinho in behind Sterling, Silva and Navas.

Navas has decent stats when he starts games.
    Just a thought for people like me who are chasing. YaYa has really high ownership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

CONFIRMED: #Swans complete the signing of striker Alberto Paloschi for an undisclosed fee

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

spock. wrote: »
    CONFIRMED: #Swans complete the signing of striker Alberto Paloschi for an undisclosed fee

Should see that terrible excuse for a striker Gomis relegated to the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,049 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    Should see that terrible excuse for a striker Gomis relegated to the bench.

He generally already is. Ayew typically up front. Remember that Gomis start though..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Newcastle are rumoured to be after Gomis.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »
    He generally already is. Ayew typically up front. Remember that Gomis start though..

I do remember I pointed out it was flash in the pan because he's woeful alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Lanzini close to another drop to bring him down to 5.0M He's expected back on the 13th of February. Can't think of a better bench player for less than that!

(OK I am a bit biased with my West Ham career mode on FIFA :pac: )

Nacer Chadli. Discuss: :)

He's a goal scoring machine since he came back from injury. A double up in midfield with Alli to release a Kane shaped striker slot perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

He's a goal scoring machine since he came back from injury. A double up in midfield with Alli to release a Kane shaped striker slot perhaps?

He's very risky but could score big if he starts.
    There's only room for one of him Son and Lamela.

spock. wrote: »
    He's very risky but could score big if he starts.
    There's only room for one of him Son and Lamela.

Is it possible that with Vertonghen out that Dier would move back rather than play Wimmer therefore creating another spot in the 5. Hard not to start playing Chadli in this new form I'd imagine.

I'm very tempted but would involve a lot of juggling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

OK I give up!!!! Was close on PVA but now he's a consideration for a KDB replacement,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Is it possible that with Vertonghen out that Dier would move back rather than play Wimmer therefore creating another spot in the 5. Hard not to start playing Chadli in this new form I'd imagine.

I'm very tempted but would involve a lot of juggling!

Poch does seem to love Bentaleb though if Dier moves back to CB.

Definitely worth monitoring. Before Kane took off last season Chadli was their main source of attack early on.

I've been eager to swap Kane for Giroud for a while myself but Spurs are on a nice run of games, even if Kane isn't doing too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spurs have lost a first choice centre back. I don't think they will want to lose their first choice MF too by putting him at CB. Wimmer will come into the back four.

Chadli has done well in the last few games but they have been in the 3 fa cup games. He hasn't started a epl game yet (afaik).

However if Kane gets injured or rested that's where Chadli becomes a real option as bar Son they have no one to play up front. No one.

The EL is back soon so expect Chadli to start those games and if he keeps scoring then who knows.

Spurs have lost a first choice centre back. I don't think they will want to lose their first choice MF too by putting him at CB. Wimmer will come into the back four.

Chadli has done well in the last few games but they have been in the 3 fa cup games. He hasn't started a epl game yet (afaik).

However if Kane gets injured or rested that's where Chadli becomes a real option as bar Son they have no one to play up front. No one.

The EL is back soon so expect Chadli to start those games and if he keeps scoring then who knows.

Bentaleb was their first choice Defensive MF last season, and the second half of the season before when Sherwood was in charge.

Bar his injury he would have likely been starting all this season.

Seems to me that the easiest option would be to put Dier into his natural CB position, as he has had a lot of gametime this season, rather than bringing Wimmer right into such a key position.

As a Dier owner I hope I'm wrong, and you're right and Dier continues in MF.

If Chadli keeps this run of form going he would be an excellent option. Looking at his price (6.6) he'd be great value if he starts playing 90 mins.

Looking at the Danny Rose situation a few weeks ago, captaining them in the cup and not playing in the league. it's hard to know what Poch will do.

With the uncertainty for places, premium prices and being inconsistent in keeping clean sheets, I wouldn't touch the Spurs defence only I need a blocker for Alderweirld as a lot of my rivals have him

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see Dier reverting to CB, Poch has used him there in most cup games this year, I assume that was to keep him in tune with the position in case of emergency. Personally I'd prefer Bentaleb in the side than Wimmer, Bentaleb made a massive balls up for the United goal on week 1 and has missed a lot of football since but he's a decent player.

Anyway I haven't seen or heard much about yesterdays game, was Wimmer solid looking?

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see Dier reverting to CB, Poch has used him there in most cup games this year, I assume that was to keep him in tune with the position in case of emergency. Personally I'd prefer Bentaleb in the side than Wimmer, Bentaleb made a massive balls up for the United goal on week 1 and has missed a lot of football since but he's a decent player.

Anyway I haven't seen or heard much about yesterdays game, was Wimmer solid looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Even if chadli gets his place is he going to be a better option than alli. I don't think he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Doumbia straight onto the watch list

• Advertisement

Stephen Taylor (3.8)

Starts for Newcastle today. Could be a nice enabler if Newscastle are involved in the predicted DGW, for wikdcarders/bench boosters.

Advertisement