Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

I went and got it done yesterday, it wasn't as bad as last time as they had space to put me lying down in a room for the two hours so I didn't faint or feel sick. Got the results yesterday afternoon, and I don't have it, yay!

Over and done with, nowhere to lie down though as there was three of us having it done at the same time. No results til tomorrow (Thursday). Not as bad as I thought it was going to be, the fasting was the worst part! All Sunday evening, it seemed like everywhere I looked around the house, there was food staring at me... :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Good luck

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

27 weeks yesterday and back in Dublin for Christmas now, quiet day for baby yesterday with the travelling but full of beans today!

We managed to get the little one to kick where my husband was shining a torch on my bump this morning too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas :) I'm 30 weeks pregnant now, I think getting past Christmas was a bit of a milestone and it won't be too long till baby arrives. Has anyone started their antenatal classes yet? I'm scheduled to start in two weeks, I still feel like I know so little that I'm hoping the classes will educate me :) Has anyone starting getting their hospital bag together? I've been researching what I'll need to bring but it feels way too early to be that prepared!

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas :) I'm 30 weeks pregnant now, I think getting past Christmas was a bit of a milestone and it won't be too long till baby arrives. Has anyone started their antenatal classes yet? I'm scheduled to start in two weeks, I still feel like I know so little that I'm hoping the classes will educate me :) Has anyone starting getting their hospital bag together? I've been researching what I'll need to bring but it feels way too early to be that prepared!

31 weeks Monday, countdown is now in single figures!!! :eek: Haven't started antenatals either, I need to check out when mine start :o
    Bought my buggy today (had been under restrictions from my other half - no shopping until the January sales!), went for the Baby Jogger City Mini (€299 on sale with the rain cover :)).
    I've been checking out hospital bag lists on Pinterest as well but nothing prepped yet. Like yourself, I feel it's just too early and there's looooooaaaaaaddddds of time! :D

• Advertisement

I'm 29 weeks tomorrow. Antenatal classes starting on 27th January here and stretching over 5 Wednesday evenings. Haven't even thought about my hospital bag really apart from buying some breast pads and maternity pads, have mentally allocated the 3 sizes too big pyjamas that my younger sister bought me for Christmas for it, but that's about it. Have been doing a bit of baby shopping in the sales too, grabbed some cute little outfits, got some bibs, got a starter pack with a breast pump and bottles as well, quite happy with that.

My little guy seems to have developed a hatred of seatbelts - every time I put a car or plane seatbelt on he kicks like mad under it even when I put it as low under my bump as possible!

So according to my file, my antenatal class is on Tuesday...this Tuesday! Should probably check that out... :eek:

Delayed 28 week appointment today at 29+4, everything went well anyway. Our little guy is head down, jabbing his little feet into my ribs all the time and the heart rate was good and strong. Had bloods done, will be interesting to see if I can dodge the iron supplements! Got an appointment to get my whooping cough vaccine (at 30 ish weeks) and to take the active birth class at the hospital birth centre too around 36 weeks.

There's a small Mothercare and a medium sized M&S between the clinic and the bus stop to head to work after it... I may have accidentally'd some cute sale 0-1 month baby clothes and a half price box of mince pies on the way to the bus :pac:

So I had my first antenatal yesterday (had the option of Tuesday or Wednesday & Wednesday suited us better). They went through symptoms of labour, when to rush to hospital & when to not rush, and methods of pain relief. Class ended with the group being split into smaller groups for us to chat & get to know each other. It was quite a large group, they asked if Tuesday would suit anyone better as that one is quite a lot smaller. Next week is going to be physio-led, with the midwives again the week after.
    I had a doctor appointment on Monday & my blood pressure is a little high so I was signed off work for 3 days. Went back in yesterday to be re-checked and it's still off so I've got a week off! I had a bit of a freak-out on Tuesday night (always a good idea when you're trying to get your blood pressure down!!! lol) about things going wrong yesterday and me possibly having to be induced and "I'm not ready for this yet!!!!!!!!" so I ended up packing a hospital bag (just in case). So we spent yesterday between the doctor's & the antenatal shopping to fill in the gaps in what I didn't have (quite a bit as it turns out!!!). Back in to get re-checked tomorrow, so fingers crossed everything is ok. The novelty of the whole 'sitting around taking it easy' has quickly worn off! I'm not one for sitting around, even on holidays, I like being able to go do my own thing (yes, I'm in for a shock once Bebe arrives, I know!!! lol) so this is quite hard...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

29+5 and the baby is thumping (I can't think of any other word!!) around in there!!It's awful, I'm wishing my due date was here. 28 week appointment last week, and all looks ok, baby is waaaay down and head is down.Thoughts of packing my labour bag crossed my mind at the weekend.....toddler distracted me :-)

Suddenly hit yesterday by the realisation that I should go stockpile some newborn nappies and wipes and pads for myself, so I guess that's on the to-do list.Along with hauling everything down from our attic and thinking about what bits we may need.It's not long since our last, so we should be ok but still, I'm sure there'll be some stuff that needs replacing or replenishing.I'm a bit freaked out that I'm so daunted by all this prepatory work, I don't know what I thought would happen......that the newborn would just arrive and there'd be no work involved on top of what's needed to get the toddler through every day?I may be getting an insight into what it's going to be like to have two smallies....it scares me!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, roll on maternity leave!!

• Advertisement

BP check day #3 has passed uneventfully, thank God. Readings are all over the place, mostly up so they're continuing to err on the side of caution and keep checking me 'just in cases' but it's looking more and more like it's just a pregnancy-related thing.
    31+6 today, hit me yesterday that I'll have about 5 weeks left at work when I go back later this week!!! (which means I've 7 weeks left to D-Day!!!!!) It's flown by, for which I'm extremely grateful. Overall, it's been quite good, the only hiccup being the constant tummy muscle pain but the support bands helped with that. Typing this while sitting on my yoga ball in the hopes that Bebe decides to turn head down soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I feel absolutely massive since Christmas, it's like my tummy really popped out. I even have the pregnant woman waddle going on now!
    Had my routine check up last week, baby is grand, head down and moving well.
    We went swimming the other day, god it was lovely, I was able to loads of swimming and no joint pain! :)
    We're going to go for a drive to a "parapharmacy" to fill up on all the stuff for the hospital bag and bits and pieces for the baby (we know one where stuff is half the price of anywhere else, it's great for stocking up).
    I have my anaesthetist appointment booked for February, that's when I book my bed in the clinic.
    I have to make an appointment for a couple of anti-natal classes. I don't need the whole course, just a refresher.
    And I'm going to take advantage of my free dental appointment.
    I'm 31 weeks today so it's flying in!

I feel absolutely massive since Christmas, it's like my tummy really popped out. I even have the pregnant woman waddle going on now!

Similar here with possibly a little less waddling - it's like the little fella just went "welp, 3rd trimester, time for a nice big stretch" and bump just popped out yet again around new year's! Agreed re swimming too - it's absolutely wonderful at this stage, was at the pool yesterday and it's so nice to just let the water take the weight.

Have noticed too that I need to reduce my portions in the last couple of weeks - getting overstuffed very quickly and it gets quite uncomfortable! Made a roast yesterday and gave myself a kid's portion really and it was perfect...

30 weeks yesterday - 7 weeks left in work and it feels like it is absolutely flying in :eek:

Feel like an oversized whale, i'm convinced this one is bigger than the last, my GP's nurse and stand in Gp both commented i look way bigger than 31 weeks, but when she felt my tummy she commented on a lot of fluid being there so she said i do feel like 31 weeks, keep getting lower back pain too, along with a heavy uncomfortable feeling in the bump but i'm told at my appointments its all normal, i honestly don't remember it from the last time around.

also really giddy today, two of my husband's work friends have announced they are due in June, we are so excited at two more babies around the same age and we'll see them often throughout the year at events! seem's to be baby's and pregnancy everywhere around us these days, i'm delighted because our first was very much out on her own, and the only grandchild for years...

cannot believe i am 8 weeks away (unless like my first it comes early in which case we'll be in February)

Have noticed too that I need to reduce my portions in the last couple of weeks - getting overstuffed very quickly and it gets quite uncomfortable! Made a roast yesterday and gave myself a kid's portion really and it was perfect...

Opposite for me, I'm planning my lunch while still eating breakfast!

Opposite for me, I'm planning my lunch while still eating breakfast!

I'm the same as Rainbow Kirby, in my case I'm adjusting my portion sizes grudgingly :pac:

I have a food problem....my capacity for holding food is practically zero, I get stuffed very quickly...yet I can't seem to stop eating.It's shocking!Worse, I may not look like I've put on any weight other than bump, but in my heart of hearts I know there'll be loads to lose afterwards.Terrible.I'll be walking miles everyday.
    31 weeks and counting.

33 weeks tomorrow.
    I had the big 3rd trimester scan on Wednesday, baby is 2kg (definitely feels like it!) and everything is grand.
    I've been wrecked for the last week or so, luckily the gyny signed me off work from the end of next week! I was feeling overwhelmed at the idea of working til the end of February, now I'm calmer that I'm finishing sooner.

I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions the last week, eep!

32 weeks today here - starting to feel like a bit of an overstuffed sausage! Think I'm reaching a stage too where even 8 hours of sleep isn't as refreshing as it was, I still wake up tired even after good sleep with only one middle of the night bathroom run. Have my 32 week appointment on Thursday of this week and have 5 weeks left in work.

34 weeks today, scan tomorrow to make sure everything is ok. 4 weeks left at work as of today!!! Waddling about the place good-o at this stage, turning over in bed is becoming an Olympic endeavour due to muscle pains/stretching ligaments/etc. Bags packed just in case, I have OCD packing groceries, no way am I relying on Himself to pack my hospital bags in an emergency!!! lol

• Advertisement

catreyn wrote: »
    34 weeks today, scan tomorrow to make sure everything is ok. 4 weeks left at work as of today!!! Waddling about the place good-o at this stage, turning over in bed is becoming an Olympic endeavour due to muscle pains/stretching ligaments/etc. Bags packed just in case, I have OCD packing groceries, no way am I relying on Himself to pack my hospital bags in an emergency!!! lol

Roll under (via your tummy) rather than over (via your back). It makes it easier!

Had my 32 week appointment....baby is all fine, but it's after turning up!!The head is up!Little fecker, I knew it did something funny last week, there was a huge movement on Thursday.My GP doesn't seem too bothered, but anyone got any tips to encourage it back the right way??I go to a yoga class and a couple of moves have been suggested as a start.
    Aside from anything else, it's not that comfortable!!

Roll under (via your tummy) rather than over (via your back). It makes it easier!

Oooh, thanks Ivy. Will be trying this trick tonight!

BusyIzzy wrote: »
    Had my 32 week appointment....baby is all fine, but it's after turning up!!The head is up!Little fecker, I knew it did something funny last week, there was a huge movement on Thursday.My GP doesn't seem too bothered, but anyone got any tips to encourage it back the right way??I go to a yoga class and a couple of moves have been suggested as a start.
    Aside from anything else, it's not that comfortable!!

Bouncing on a yoga ball, no lying out on the couch, kneel on the side of the bed & put your head down on the floor for 30 seconds, rub your belly in circular motions to encourage it to move...
    I've tried all of the above and its moved a few times now but always moves back again. At antenatal clinic on Monday, it was head down, 2 hours later when I was scanned it was lying across again. They aren't bothered really, said there's a few more weeks to go before they'd expect it to be settled in head-down.
    Speaking of my scan, I'm really sore after it. Sonographer complained that my bladder wasn't full enough and dug the scanner in to my pelvis trying to see the placenta. Bebe wasn't very impressed, it kicked the scanner off my bump at one stage!!! lol It feels bruised all along the line under my bump now, really sore when I stand up after sitting or lying :(

Can anyone explain why your bladder has to be full for some scans? I've never been asked to have a full bladder for a scan.

No idea... I had that instruction on the letter for my 12 week scan, chugged a 500ml bottle of water when I was walking up to the hospital for the scan, sonographer sent me out to the toilet twice because my bladder was TOO full!

NCT antenatal classes starting this evening - looking forward to it in a strange sort of way :)

No idea... I had that instruction on the letter for my 12 week scan, chugged a 500ml bottle of water when I was walking up to the hospital for the scan, sonographer sent me out to the toilet twice because my bladder was TOO full!

NCT antenatal classes starting this evening - looking forward to it in a strange sort of way :)
    I have a refresher class booked for next Wednesday! Have to re-learn when to go to the clinic, stages of labour and how to clean/look after the newborn.

I really need to get my suitcase sorted out, I've been getting a couple of Braxton Hicks every day now, I'm afraid I'll go early!

Thanks - I actually think it turned back down on Monday night, with a few regular yoga exercises! I've another appointment in a couple of weeks so I'll see what the story is then.

I think a full bladder is required for the early scans because it allows a clearer ultrasound picture when the baby is so tiny, but I've actually never really been asked for it in later scans? It's quite sore when they dig in the scanner like that, she really had to push it in at 20 week scan to see detail because of the way baby was lying and I felt it the next day!!

HAVE to get the finger out and get the bag packed this weekend. That's my to-do list for the entire weekend. The problem is that my toddler is an early riser and when she goes for a nap, I'm reaching the stage where I fluctuate between needing to eat and needing to sleep for a bit myself. Never mind cleaning, laundry etc.

Guess it's early preparation for the months ahead!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The full bladder is only for earlier scans, as it moves the uterus into a better position and shows up black on the screen so makes baby easier to see! It probably depends on what equipment they're working with too. I was told to have a drink, but no need to be "bursting"!

• Advertisement

Dolbert wrote: »
    The full bladder is only for earlier scans, as the full bladder moves the uterus into a better position and shows up black on the screen so makes baby easier to see! It probably depends on what equipment they're working with too.
    I think in my case, it's because of equipment, so, because I've had very early scans on both pregnancies (7 weeks I think on this one, 10 weeks on the last one) and I've never been asked for a full bladder.

Advertisement