Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Played it a little last night vs the computer and thought it was a bit rubbish.

Did the tutorial today though and played some 3v3 online and it's very addictive.

Think I'm still a fairly crap.
    mdwexford is my psn if anyone fancies a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I assume you haven't done the all star tutorials as the goalie one is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Forget what your old football coach told you, sometimes it's better to play the man and not the ball.

It's often the best way to stop a goal, just boost through a lad and blow him up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

this game is great crack :) only got it this morning after a mate mentioned it, did i see somewhere that this can be played cross platform???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Just got a good run at it online there, it's infinitely more fun than offline.
    This could be a contender for my favourite game ever....... damn servers are gone again though :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dammit, I was all set to make Killing Floor 2 my payday purchase but now I see this, it looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Dammit, I was all set to make Killing Floor 2 my payday purchase but now I see this, it looks incredible.

I presume you're talking about PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Fantastic game, I really suck at it so far though, have to get the speeds right and stop driving past the ball, also keep hitting the crossbar.

My favourite goal so far. I'm all about the finesse :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Played 53 games so far and only driven 25 KM .. Thats about 4.5 Hours of gametime to get to 25 KM still have 19 times that to go this trophy will take forever holy cow :eek:

• Advertisement

Can't get a game at all now, servers are online but it's just searching and searching without finding a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Played 53 games so far and only driven 25 KM .. Thats about 4.5 Hours of gametime to get to 25 KM still have 19 times that to go this trophy will take forever holy cow :eek:

Where does it say the total KM traveled? Had a look in stats but might have missed it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't get a game at all now, servers are online but it's just searching and searching without finding a game.

https://www.facebook.com/RocketLeague/posts/1683044098583713

There's a patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Played tons of it since launch. Cross platform play is really good. I have it on PC but 99% of my opponents have been from ps4 I think.

I scored an absolutely epic goal yesterday. 0-0 and the time runs out. But the game isnt dead until the ball hits the ground so I managed to do keepy uppies up the field, hit it against the wall and volley it in. :D

You can tell the people who have been playing the beta. I was matched up with a guy and he was insanely good.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Where does it say the total KM traveled? Had a look in stats but might have missed it haha.

Go to the Garage and check your Tyres different tyres have different stats so add them all up :P Once you equip new tyres your KM for that tyre starts at 0 km... The heads also show the goals scored and the other items you can equip show different stats

EDIT: Apparently the trophies glitched and only need 70 KM but you also have to use the same tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Highly addictive game, got some belting goals already, great feeling being a keeper also, any one looking for a team add me

J. Marston wrote: »

Didn't make a difference, same issue after the patch. I can't be arsed with the offline anymore, it's predictable.
    I hate the way it goes into super impossible mode in the league if you're doing well and super easy if you're not.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

lertsnim wrote: »
    Yes. I have never heard the PS4 do it before so glad it's not just me.

Thought it was just mine! TLOU is the only other game to push the fans that loud on my console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Thought it was just mine! TLOU is the only other game to push the fans that loud on my console.

Same happening here, only noticed when I took the headset off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

There doesnt seem to be any v-sync applied to the in game menu's or loading screens on PS4. Id say thats whats causing the rise in temps and the fan to spin up. When playing the actual game i have no problems. Its only loading or in the menu that the fan spins up for me.

Hopefully thats an easy enough fix.

Played for the first time tonight,quite a fun game. After a bit i could start to see the skill involved in positioning and timing. Plenty of moments of laughter with the group i was playing with and lots of sudden death. Although im new to the game it felt very accesible and felt i could compete straight away which was nice.

Fun game,look forward to playing more with friends. To me that would be the main attraction of the game.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    You can tell the people who have been playing the beta. I was matched up with a guy and he was insanely good.

Don't forget the transferable skills from SARBC. That game was more difficult and there was some real pros online.

Also, according to the Twitter account, matchmaking was sorted early this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭craic_dealer

I'm yet to play online after trying the last 2 nights. Didn't work after the patch either.

Going by their twitter though, it looks like they're doing all they can to get everyone on which is good to see.

Having great craic with it but can only imagine multiplayer is much better. Hope it's working when I get home after work! :D

I'm yet to play online after trying the last 2 nights. Didn't work after the patch either.

Going by their twitter though, it looks like they're doing all they can to get everyone on which is good to see.

Having great craic with it but can only imagine multiplayer is much better. Hope it's working when I get home after work! :D

Played an online duel at my break earlier this morning. Found a match within a few seconds. Obviously the easiest type of match to find but everything looked solid in matchmaking.

Was going to post that. Who's up for winning some moolah? :D

I wish I could turn on this game and not be greeted by ‘Not logged in to Rocket League Servers' every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

how do you play online , are the serves down?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

look to be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Online now with no issues, blimey it's a fun game! I'm on as dangerdil7 if you want to join me, it was my sons account:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Considering it was going to be a little known PSN paid game and it has become the most popular PS+ title on PS4 so far, there was always going to be some issues with online gaming, especially considering how flaky PSN is.

When the servers are running, the game works very well. Not too many console games have dedicated servers.

Advertisement