Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having Pint at Croke Park gigs

Options
  • 07-07-2015 5:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi Guys

I'm heading to Ed Shearen in a couple of weeks. We have tickets for the pitch but i have heard that you are not allowed to bring your pint out to the pitch area. Is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I don't know about that gig, but there have been previous gigs where people said they were not allowed drink on the pitch, and some said they were not allowed smoke.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056686581

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Don't know about Ed, but I was at the script a few weeks ago, standing on the pitch & people all had their drinks out there, plastic glasses and plastic bottles . Also lots of people around us were smoking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Officially, you cannot smoke on the pitch. Enforcement is another issue however.

I've been to gigs there when no drinks except water could be brought onto the pitch. There could well be games on there two days after the gig so they might be pretty precious about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

You can't bring alcohol back into the pit area if you get there in time for a pass, so the answer depends on where you're standing. On the plus side you get better toilets and separate bar..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Officially, you cannot smoke on the pitch. Enforcement is another issue however.

I've been to gigs there when no drinks except water could be brought onto the pitch. There could well be games on there two days after the gig so they might be pretty precious about it.

That's what I would have assumed to, but lots of people around me were smoking, I suppose it would be extremely hard thing to enforce

Advertisement