Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

I've heard nothing since the 4-5 week mail, I applied for Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Mc Love wrote:
    Did you not receive an email stating you would be contacted in 4-6 weeks?

Just got an email there. Haven’t heard anything since completing stage 2 at home tests. Saying they have progressed with stronger applications and my application will be kept on file.

Where did you apply for Willie Stroker 1976?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Galway too on the 4-6 week email. Very tempted to say at stage3 i'm happy to relocate to dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Where did you apply for Willie Stroker 1976?

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Got the same email. Doesn't sound too promising

No it doesn’t. To be honest, I hadn’t heard anything at all since stage 2, didn’t even get the 4-6 week email, so I had gotten over it since and assumed I was out. This gives a little hope, but still, over it at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Applied for cork, not heard anything since stage 2 and 4-6 wk email

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

I think those who got the 4-6 week email are in a much better position than myself who got the email last night, as they are more than likely going to be contacted pretty soon by the sounds of it. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ais123

Out of interest those that got the 4-6 week email was it from opc or Irish rail?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

My hubby applied to Limerick and didn't get any email after stage two online tests. No 4 to 6 email or this latest one. Doesn't seem to be any logic to it but hopefully there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Ais123 wrote: »
    Out of interest those that got the 4-6 week email was it from opc or Irish rail?

OPC
    annor99 wrote: »
    My hubby applied to Limerick and didn't get any email after stage two online tests. No 4 to 6 email or this latest one. Doesn't seem to be any logic to it but hopefully there is.

Limerick applicant but did get the follow up email after Stage 2 tests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Think the people who got the 4 to 6 week emails were all for depots outside dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

I applied for Limerick.
    Got the 4-6 week email on the 26th of January.
    Email came from OPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

bizidea wrote: »
    Think the people who got the 4 to 6 week emails were all for depots outside dublin

I applied Dublin and got the 4-6 week email 3 weeks ago. Got it 26th January too as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DAgr1mT0K3r

Same got my 4-6wk email from OPC on the 26th (Galway depot)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bravington49

I done the stage 2 the second week of Jan, not heard a jot since, no 4-6 week mail or anything since, seems to be a little all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

bizidea wrote: »

Not so

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭finno

I got the 4-6 week email (Dublin) but i didn't receive the email last night like others here have.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jonny74ie

finno wrote: »
    I got the 4-6 week email (Dublin) but i didn't receive the email last night like others here have.

Same here, I received the 4-6 email three weeks ago, however, no further news as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

A LARGE batch of e-mails are to be issued today...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

GM228 wrote: »

Good ones or bad ones??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

md323 wrote: »
    Good ones or bad ones??

Depends on how you look at it. Your application will be kept on file etc.

Some were sent out yesterday I believe with the majority today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fanningb

Got mine yesterday also, congrats on passing stage two online tests but we are currently moving forward with stronger candidates, we will keep your application on file and may call you within 2 years... (I don't think I'll be holding my breath while waiting for a call so)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Has anyone received an out and out rejection email? Or is it all either no email or the 4-6 week one?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

GM228 wrote: »

Hey, just curious.. where did you hear that? Have many people received emails in the last two days?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

finno wrote: »

Then that is a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Still nothing on interview.

Any sign of that GM or is there a hold up for the medicals ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodiagh87

No word here since the 'all appointments have now been assigned. We will be in contact very soon.' e-mail last Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭mario84s

Still nothing on interview.

Any sign of that GM or is there a hold up for the medicals ?

I'm having the 16pf tomorrow in Inchicore, as they didn't have time to do them last week. I'm assuming a medical is to follow, as Ais pointed out there will be more medicals end of the month. If all goes well, interviews immediately after that, but it'll be a close shave with starting the course beginning of March, will be happening very quickly indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭blueband

mario84s wrote: »
    I'm having the 16pf tomorrow in Inchicore, as they didn't have time to do them last week. I'm assuming a medical is to follow, as Ais pointed out there will be more medicals end of the month. If all goes well, interviews immediately after that, but it'll be a close shave with starting the course beginning of March, will be happening very quickly indeed...

I would think if they are pushed on time they may make a class for March from those that have gone through all stages up to interview, and for us who won't have a medical for a few weeks, we may be in the queue for next class to start a couple of months after that,sometime in summer.
    Or, potentially they may interview those they think are the main candidates and of those if some haven't had a medical yet the medical may be done afterwards. Depends I suppose on how much they wish to expedite the process, the number who are through, and the number they plan to take on.

Can only wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Clever8619

No chance there will be a class in March. By the time people are interviewed and vetted?? Absolutely no chance.

Advertisement