Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭mario84s

CIE medical center in Dublin

is that in Inchicore or elsewhere?

correction: Marlborough Street...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

mario84s wrote: »
    is that in Inchicore or elsewhere?

Marlborough street opposite the luas stop (green line)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭badge1123

Anyone have a medical today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

highdef wrote: »

I had a couple of footplate trips with Tony Tobin in pre-DART days - very nice guy and a 'worker' director in CIE in the early 1980s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I had a couple of footplate trips with Tony Tobin in pre-DART days - very nice guy and a 'worker' director in CIE in the early 1980s.

Id say Doghouse knows him well too 😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Doghouses

dar100 wrote: »
    Id say Doghouse knows him well too 😀😀

😜 I might’ve met him before, you know yourself???????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Doghouses wrote: »
    😜 I might’ve met him before, you know yourself???????

Whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Just got offered some short notice time slots for the medical, did Phase 2 this week on Monday.

Requested tomorrow afternoon for med but they wrote back two mins later to say the spaces were filled and they'd be in touch, so I dunno if I'm doing mine tomorrow. Already requested the couple of hrs off work. My boss hates me at this stage haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

I got the same email before 4pm but I didn't see it until a few minutes ago.....places had already been filled!!!

khaldrogo wrote: »
    I got the same email before 4pm but I didn't see it until a few minutes ago.....places had already been filled!!!

Got same, confirmation of medical tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dazice

Doghouses wrote: »
    Got same, confirmation of medical tomorrow

What time doghouse? I’m there tomorrow too, wear a red rose so I can put a face to the name

Did phase 2 today, they said they'll be in touch friday or monday regarding medicals. The course will start beginning of march, roughly 20 people will be selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ais123

I asked when the next batch of medicals are after these last minute ones and she said end of this month so be prepared with work time off guys

Did phase 2 today, they said they'll be in touch friday or monday regarding medicals. The course will start beginning of march, roughly 20 people will be selected.

Like I predicted

I'd say that will be 2 different classes

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

Just got offered some short notice time slots for the medical, did Phase 2 this week on Monday.

Same here, I did the Monday session and got that email too, and missed it too!!

If we got an invite for a medical, can we take it that we got through the phase 2 testing now as well?
    Ais123 wrote: »
    I asked when the next batch of medicals are after these last minute ones and she said end of this month so be prepared with work time off guys

Also (for me) gives me a chance to get a bit of exercise in....:)

CiboC wrote: »
    Also (for me) gives me a chance to get a bit of exercise in....:)

oh i asked about the BMI, and she said not to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jenjenHarley

Phew 😊

Phew 😊

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's chips here and I don't know anyones circumstances , but don't rule it out as an issue just yet.

They won't tell you about that sort of stuff in the assessments because they don't have anything to do with the medical department, they only arrange the time for you to go to the medical

At the medical center it's the doctors that go through it all and tell you what they need to tell you, it's up to them at the end of the day if your fit to operate a train under their rules etc.

Again , I'm not trying to get anyone down or anything but just be aware.

And I do wish you all luck with it !

On a different note, probably a tad pre-mature but did anyone get a hint of interview dates ?

• Advertisement

On a different note, probably a tad pre-mature but did anyone get a hint of interview dates ?

as far as i could gather, as soon as medicals are finished. there will be loads of candidates through to the interview.

I can’t see them spending money running medicals which include BMI tests, if the results won’t have any significance

mario84s wrote:

In what way ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

With so many posts asking about the various requirements for medicals and training have a read of Directive 2007/59/EC.

Annex II deals with medicals.

These are the European wide legal minimum standards required for medicals, training, licencing etc of a train driver and have been transposed into Irish law via the European Communities (Train Drivers Certification) Regulations 2010 (as amended).

Regarding training classes I have been told that 25 external candidates will be chosen this year and 3 classes are scheduled for commencement in 2019, but, there are 14 internal staff already waiting to go training so classes will be a mix of internal and external applicants. 8 is the max per class. Some candidates chosen this year will not start until 2020 I believe.

GM228 wrote: »
    With so many posts asking about the various requirements for medicals and training have a read of Directive 2007/59/EC.

These are the European wide legal minimum standards required for medicals, training, licencing etc of a train driver and have been transposed into Irish law via the European Communities (Train Drivers Certification) Regulations 2010 (as amended).

Regarding training classes I have been told that 25 external candidates will be chosen this year and 3 classes are scheduled for commencement in 2019, but, there are 14 internal staff already waiting to go training so classes will be a mix of internal and external applicants. 8 is the max per class. Some candidates chosen this year will not start until 2020 I believe.

This is great information, thank you!

I'm not trying to piss on anyone's chips here and I don't know anyones circumstances , but don't rule it out as an issue just yet.

They won't tell you about that sort of stuff in the assessments because they don't have anything to do with the medical department, they only arrange the time for you to go to the medical

At the medical center it's the doctors that go through it all and tell you what they need to tell you, it's up to them at the end of the day if your fit to operate a train under their rules etc.

Again , I'm not trying to get anyone down or anything but just be aware.

And I do wish you all luck with it !

Ah I know of course. Sure I suppose I'll just have to wait until the medical itself to see what they say. But thanks a mill and best of luck to you too :)

GM228 wrote:
    With so many posts asking about the various requirements for medicals and training have a read of

Doesn't actually specify anything in regards to standards needed to pass the medical

In what way ?

i'm 183cm and 109kg at the moment. not fat but have a big belly. she pretty much said not to worry, if you can fit in the driver's chair they'll take ya!

mario84s wrote:
    i'm 183cm and 109kg at the moment. not fat but have a big belly. she pretty much said not to worry, if you can fit in the driver's chair they'll take ya!

If that's true then I'll start to get my hopes up again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

GM228 wrote: »

Were the 14 selected before they went public?

Advertisement