Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griffith CD or NCI for HDip Computing??

Options
  • 29-06-2015 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi Guys

Just looking for some advice on this course which I'm thinking of doing part-time. I'm drawn to the part-time course in Griffith as it's 18 month's(3 evenings per week) and looks more manageable but there is no work experience included in this compared to NCI's course(which is 12 months and just seems a lot more intensive).
    I have a Level 6 Computing Degree(baby stuff I know) but I want to save money and use my old Level 8 Business Degree to speed things up a bit( which also allows me to work full-time).
    So to ask a few questions to those IT professionals and GCD/NCI alumni alike.

1. Is the HDip equivalent to a BSc?
    2. Is the lack of work placement going to seriously hinder my chances of getting work?
    3. Those who have gone to griffith what was your experience of it? Was the degree enough to get into a job?
    4. Should I try and finish a part-time BSc instead?(which is more expensive and time consuming)

Advertisement