Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Job Websites etc

• 29-06-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1 irisshhh

Hey all, I feel like I am missing something in my job hunt! I have alerts/check indeed.ie, creativeireland and a couple of others daily but I feel like I am not really get good enough access to job advertisements.

Should I be keeping an eye on the weekly local paper? Are there other paper's or magazines I should keep an eye on? I am a graphic designer/marketing person and need to change job like ASAP! I'm in the south east and willing to travel but I am cautious about Dublin in terms of the commute as I've done it before and found it painful! I spent nearly 3 hours in a traffic build up in the city and then another 1.5 hours getting home after work so I wasn't a fan!

I'm also open to re-locating (in aabout a year that will be possible for me) or working from home, part time or full time - anything! Even steady freelance. I am thinking about setting up my own business but I am not very long in the industry so my contacts are pretty weak right now.

But I cannot emphasis enough how much I need to get out of my current job-it is a living nightmare. If anyone has any tips or tricks about finding graphic design work puh-lease let me know!! And anyone with general job site tips etc, thank you all in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 Burkie7

Hi,

I work as a Graphic Designer too, sadly their is not many jobs available in it at the moment here. Some are took up by Jobbridge and some are only for Senior Graphic Designers. I got lucky in getting work with a travel company freelance from home doing it.

For freelance work use this site it's great: https://www.upwork.com

Advertisement