Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Job Websites etc

Options
  • 29-06-2015 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey all, I feel like I am missing something in my job hunt! I have alerts/check indeed.ie, creativeireland and a couple of others daily but I feel like I am not really get good enough access to job advertisements.

Should I be keeping an eye on the weekly local paper? Are there other paper's or magazines I should keep an eye on? I am a graphic designer/marketing person and need to change job like ASAP! I'm in the south east and willing to travel but I am cautious about Dublin in terms of the commute as I've done it before and found it painful! I spent nearly 3 hours in a traffic build up in the city and then another 1.5 hours getting home after work so I wasn't a fan!

I'm also open to re-locating (in aabout a year that will be possible for me) or working from home, part time or full time - anything! Even steady freelance. I am thinking about setting up my own business but I am not very long in the industry so my contacts are pretty weak right now.

But I cannot emphasis enough how much I need to get out of my current job-it is a living nightmare. If anyone has any tips or tricks about finding graphic design work puh-lease let me know!! And anyone with general job site tips etc, thank you all in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Hi,

I work as a Graphic Designer too, sadly their is not many jobs available in it at the moment here. Some are took up by Jobbridge and some are only for Senior Graphic Designers. I got lucky in getting work with a travel company freelance from home doing it.

For freelance work use this site it's great: https://www.upwork.com

Advertisement