Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amendment court challenge

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

L1011 wrote: »

I'm half expecting him to appeal again

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm half expecting him to appeal again

If he does, the Wunder Order is almost inevitable. If that's slapped on you, you can't take any cases without permission of the High Court - which is pretty obviously never given. When a litigant is obviously vexatious and abusing process they can be issued. Very rare these days, but this deserves one

He may also be required to put up a bond for the states costs in future actions, which I doubt he can afford - he already owes them huge sums.

His mentality would be intriguing to study. Was he hoping that with multiple appeals he'd suddenly hit a god-squad judge who'd work against reason? (And that the state wouldn't appeal that immediately and have it reversed)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

His mentality would be intriguing to study. Was he hoping that with multiple appeals he'd suddenly hit a god-squad judge who'd work against reason? (And that the state wouldn't appeal that immediately and have it reversed)

He claims that its about how the state conducted itself during the referendum campaign
    In his arguments, Mr Walshe, an electrician of Lisdeen, Co Clare, said this was not “an anti-gay issue” but about a failure to adhere to fair procedures in the referendum process.
    Irish Times, June 5th

Honestly, to me the mentality seems to be that of a card player at a Vegas table losing hand after hand but still playing on hoping for the big win that will cancel it all out. He's going to come away from this considerably less well off!

As for an Isaac Wunder order, yeah I can see that possibly happening if this goes on for much longer. The courts hand them out sparingly, and rightly so, but these consistent actions are just taking the piss at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Possibly he hopes that. But my guess is that he doesn't really expect to win; he's just having a tantrum.

• Advertisement

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Possibly he hopes that. But my guess is that he doesn't really expect to win; he's just having a tantrum.

Even more reason for an Isaac Wunder order

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Peregrinus wrote: »

He doesn't have a current case though right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

No, but the court offices are open until 5pm, so plenty of time yet :D.

Yet

Terry Pratchet

Definitely needs an Isaac Wunder order

http://m.rte.ie/news/2015/1127/749647-gerry-walshe-court/

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I think he needs to be allowed to go through all the challenges he likes in order to get it out of the way and put the whole business to bed.

I think he needs to be allowed to go through all the challenges he likes in order to get it out of the way and put the whole business to bed.

Legally it has gone to bed. He's a vexatious litigant with no case.

The SC is unlikely to hear the case without a bond for state costs.

Was another Wunder order issued yesterday so judges are starting to remember they exist at least.

Advertisement