Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** All things Debs **

Options
  • 16-01-2015 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

How much are yours? Ours are €65 but people are complaining.. I thought it was a very reasonable price compared to other prices I've heard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

How much are yours? Ours are €65 but people are complaining.. I thought it was a very reasonable price compared to other prices I've heard.

€65?!?!? That's ridiculously cheap. Mine is like €120ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeterJC!

Ours were €40!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

For €120 I'd be expecting Michelin standard food and Coldplay playing after dinner! Is there something particularly special about it for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Not too sure, think they're 60 here as well. Would have cost less if it wasn't for the fact that our year is tiny and a lot of people from the year will probably end up going together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Ours are €80. Not the worst I suppose. €120 seems a bit excessive :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

Is the €120 each or does it cover you and your date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Ours are €60.
    To be honest I'm more worried about finding a date!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

€120 per ticket or €60 each?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

hahaha what date :p
    I know for a fact they are trying to reduce it a bit and we get our deposit back too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Ours are €60.

Don't take your cousin . It never works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Ours are €60.

Get involved in something next summer after the exams like volunteering or a summer camp. Great place for finding dates ;) what part of the country are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Had mine I'm September, I found the debs expensive and not worth it.
    Ticket - €75
    Suit - €120
    Limo - €88.50 each 4 people.

Had mine I'm September, I found the debs expensive and not worth it.
    Ticket - €75
    Suit - €120
    Limo - €88.50 each 4 people.

There will be no limo for us. I think we're getting a mini bus :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Well its on the last week of july and pretty desperate now haha, is anyone on the same boat as me or? Not that confident type of guy asking but i'm pretty sure if i asked i would get one :rolleyes:

I went last September with out a date. Quite a few of my mates did. It was great crack. We got a limo, in it was my and my 5 mates. Only two brought dates. You'll have a good time either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I went to two debs back in the day, think I talked to my date for about 15 minutes and then shagged off for the craic with the lads. Dates are over rated and expensive.

Plenty of people go without a date if you wanted to do that. If you really want a date I'm sure at this stage if you asked someone who didn't have a date either they would gladly go with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

I'm a girl and I don't have a date, and all my friends do :p I'm too shy to ask someone and the person I was going to ask asked someone else. I'm not actually worried, my mam is just disappointed that I'll have no one to be beside in the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

AulBiddy & LuckyDude.... Love is in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

In the same boat! Know how it feels :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

I'm in the same boat and my debs is mid August so i'm getting worried haha

hate it when people were saying like 3 months ago, oh you still dont have a date yet better get one soon lol..

hate it when people were saying like 3 months ago, oh you still dont have a date yet better get one soon lol..

The debs was one of the worst events I've ever attended. You will really miss out on nothing.
    Cheap venues, hotel food, expensive suits/ dresses and tickets = over rated
    You might not see this now.
    Some people will bring their partners to the debs. Most people will be with their date for the pictures etc at the start and then fcuk off with their friends for the rest of the night. It might seem like a big deal now , but trust me it isn't.
    Do yourself a favour and stop worrying about it. Look forward to college balls next year which are much more enjoyable.

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    The debs was one of the worst events I've ever attended. You will really miss out on nothing.
    Some people will bring their partners to the debs. Most people will be with their date for the pictures etc at the start and then fcuk off with their friends for the rest of the night. It might seem like a big deal now , but trust me it isn't.
    Do yourself a favour and stop worrying about it. Look forward to college balls next year which are much more enjoyable.

ok thanks
    and what really does happen at a debs then, im confused.
    so pictures first and what you mean partners **** off somewhere else?
    what do people usually do for the rest of the day :O

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

If anyone is dateless and wants to go with someone, just ask them. I know that it's hard, but if you don't ask someone, there is no chance that they'll say yes to you. Furthermore, if you're even sort of close with the person and both of you are currently lone wolves, they'll more than likely be delighted to go with you. Even if they say no, you'll feel better in the long run just for trying. If they're the love of your life, it obviously wasn't meant to be and you can move on. If they're just a friend, they probably won't say no, but if they do, you wouldn't have a good night with them anyway.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Good luck all.:) And as stated, it's definitely not the end of the world if you are on your own.

ok thanks
    and what really does happen at a debs then, im confused.
    so pictures first and what you mean partners **** off somewhere else?
    what do people usually do for the rest of the day :O

Some people will bring their boyfriend or girl friend..
    Most people will bring people they asked just to have a date.
    After all the formalities people usually separate back into their normal group of friends.
    Even if you don't have a date then you can still spend most the night with your friends..
    Hope this clears it up.

What happens at the debs?
    Lots of drinking and waiting for food. Then music and dancing( and more drinking)..
    Then bus journey home.
    Then people sober up and complain about it all..
    Then you realise how overrated it is.

Don't worry about it. It will be ok.

A97 wrote: »
    If anyone is dateless and wants to go with someone, just ask them. I know that it's hard, but if you don't ask someone, there is no chance that they'll say yes to you. Furthermore, if you're even sort of close with the person and both of you are currently lone wolves, they'll more than likely be delighted to go with you. Even if they say no, you'll feel better in the long run just for trying. If they're the love of your life, it obviously wasn't meant to be and you can move on. If they're just a friend, they probably won't say no, but if they do, you wouldn't have a good night with them anyway.

I'd echo this thought. If there's someone who you think you may like to ask just ask them. It took me ages to finally ask the person I wanted (needed a bit of encouragement from our good friend alcohol). Even though she said she had asked someone else I felt much better for just asking. I felt bad for a second or two but then realised there's no point in worrying about it all. In the end things changed and I'm getting to go with her anyway :)

It really is over rated. ****ty food, watered down pints, then the cost of your suit, limo ect. I'm happy i went and experienced it. But i wouldn't go to another one if i was asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eman129

So I have my debs in about a month, and I'm just wondering if I still have to get my date a corsage if its my debs? Also, do I still have to get her mother chocolates? Could anyone give like a summary of how the day is meant to go, like the girl coming to my house etc etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

eman129 wrote: »
    So I have my debs in about a month, and I'm just wondering if I still have to get my date a corsage if its my debs? Also, do I still have to get her mother chocolates? Could anyone give like a summary of how the day is meant to go, like the girl coming to my house etc etc..

if it's your debs, you go to their house, corsage and all. Well that's what we did.
    EoghanIRL wrote: »

My debs was fxcking great craic

Advertisement