Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Step daughter moved out because of me!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

Absolutely, hit the nail on the head here I think. He's giving them an implicit ok to be disrespectful. And the "cant undestand you love them", we'll that'd drive me NUTS!!!!!!!! You've been left out in a cold wind on this one and I'm not sure your partner sees this happening at all and when the probem arises you're just seen as part of it/the reason for it. You may in effect be a repository for his guilt re the split up with her mom and hence getting the real short straw here. Time to get assertive about your needs I guess, they matter too. Keep us posted on progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mangotracy

Absolutely, hit the nail on the head here I think. He's giving them an implicit ok to be disrespectful. And the "cant undestand you love them", we'll that'd drive me NUTS!!!!!!!! You've been left out in a cold wind on this one and I'm not sure your partner sees this happening at all and when the probem arises you're just seen as part of it/the reason for it. You may in effect be a repository for his guilt re the split up with her mom and hence getting the real short straw here. Time to get assertive about your needs I guess, they matter too. Keep us posted on progress.

Thanks, it is implicit so that is why he doesn't see it. He must know that. He's moved out for a few months now - we were supposed to talk about us - but he doesn't want to talk about our relationship at all, just his daughters.

He said that his daughter wants to move back in with us and that he'd resent me greatly if he couldn't do this. Yet when I reminded him how resentful she was/rude he just seemed to lay blame on me, saying I could be 'more relaxed'. He's still moved out. Not sure what else I can do - it's not my house so I need to think about what my options are - I have no job as bringing up our toddler son!
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

Advertisement