Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 year old getting tonsils removed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

amor3 wrote: »
    Best of luck today Gal44 and especially little Gal44. It will be all over before you know it.

Thanks, all over now and home. The surgery itself went well but the lead up to it wasn't great she was so suspicious of all the nurses didn't want to be touched had a meltdown going to theatre but once she was under all went well and recovery last night was good. She's just eatin toast and water and ice cream since but she's not a good eater anyways. Great form today

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Gal44 wrote: »
    Thanks, all over now and home. The surgery itself went well but the lead up to it wasn't great she was so suspicious of all the nurses didn't want to be touched had a meltdown going to theatre but once she was under all went well and recovery last night was good. She's just eatin toast and water and ice cream since but she's not a good eater anyways. Great form today

How's it going Gal44? 2 weeks post op today and no complaints so far, everything back to normal, fingers crossed it goes the same for you.

So far so good, well the days are going good, when I say good she's in good form most of the time and is eating good, random food but it's going in anyways but She's getting fed up with us always after her with calpol or nurofen.. The nights are hard though even though she's taking pain relief before bed and she takes it in middle of the night she's still very restless and in pain during the night. Once morning comes she's fine again all day running around playing. I'm looking forward to when I'm not chasing her to get medicine into her! Is your little boy still taking pain relief?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Gal44 wrote: »
    So far so good, well the days are going good, when I say good she's in good form most of the time and is eating good, random food but it's going in anyways but She's getting fed up with us always after her with calpol or nurofen.. The nights are hard though even though she's taking pain relief before bed and she takes it in middle of the night she's still very restless and in pain during the night. Once morning comes she's fine again all day running around playing. I'm looking forward to when I'm not chasing her to get medicine into her! Is your little boy still taking pain relief?

My little fella was exactly the same. I think it's because maybe he slept with his mouth open and therefor his throat got dry and somehow irritated him and made it sore, thankfully it only lasted 3 nights, but he was exactly the same with the medicine as well. I reduced it in around day 9 or 10 to just morning and night and completely stopped on the 2 week mark. He is absolutely fine and i even had a look at his throat today and there is not a mark or any redness. Your halfway there now, it will be all worth it in the end!

amor3 wrote: »
    My little fella was exactly the same. I think it's because maybe he slept with his mouth open and therefor his throat got dry and somehow irritated him and made it sore, thankfully it only lasted 3 nights, but he was exactly the same with the medicine as well. I reduced it in around day 9 or 10 to just morning and night and completely stopped on the 2 week mark. He is absolutely fine and i even had a look at his throat today and there is not a mark or any redness. Your halfway there now, it will be all worth it in the end!

Nearly two weeks over and shes totally back to herself, sleeping through the night again and yesterday was the first day she didn't need pain relief. thank goodness its over :)

Thanks everyone for all your advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement