Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it time for a Nissan Leaf Thread ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feichin

sorry, not very good with this computer technology so cant manage the quote function BUT does RedorDead's post above mean that the leaf will have a 100 mile real world range from august????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

feichin wrote: »
    sorry, not very good with this computer technology so cant manage the quote function BUT does RedorDead's post above mean that the leaf will have a 100 mile real world range from august????

August 2016 I believe. There's a mid life refresh coming then. Totally new model to appear late 2017 or early 2018.

The only update so far that we know of so far is the updated battery, will probably be available to order from September onwards for the 2016 model year.

160-180 Kms should be possible at a bout 80-100 Kph depending on conditions, battery temp, wind etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I tried that SD slot A with music today and had no luck. I had to use the USB port instead, I'm that little door on it is going to break off.:(h

njburke wrote: »
    I tried that SD slot A with music today and had no luck. I had to use the USB port instead, I'm that little door on it is going to break off.:(h

Went digging through the US manual. Apparently you can upload an address book to the Sat Nav. Useful if you can do it on the European model.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Roen wrote: »
    Went digging through the US manual. Apparently you can upload an address book to the Sat Nav. Useful if you can do it on the European model.

Interesting. What format I wonder.

pwurple wrote: »
    Interesting. What format I wonder.

Again, this is from the US manual. If you have a spare SD card pop it in and export a saved address.Then whip it out and stick it in the laptop or desktop. You should be able to check the format. I'd hope that it's standard fare rather than some Nissan proprietary format.

I have a raft of addresses and places saved to my various Google maps. Be genius if you could export them from one and import to the other. Also well useful if you had a load of stuff saved and were getting a loaner Leaf from the garage for whatever reason. Or getting a new one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Ok, sounds like its for Marking up the GPS map layer with user data layer.
    I might try some common formats on an SD and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

That was the question, is anyone going to start a thread and direct Leaf information and correspondence, through a Leaf Thread please?

reboot wrote: »
    That was the question, is anyone going to start a thread and direct Leaf information and correspondence, through a Leaf Thread please?

Is this not the thread? You created it.

• Advertisement

Is this not the thread? You created it.

I just asked a question,I know very little about this EV, but I'm the other half of the Alliance.
    Guess we may leave things as they are, but only some people direct their Leaf discussion here. Suppose there may be threads for specific EV models, as they develop,and a coming together on related topics.
    I just observe as time goes on, an assumption that we are talking mostly about Leaf related topics,which is fine if 4 out of 5 EVs in the South are Leaf.
    However this may be why some in this parish left Irish EV owners,which quickly became dominated by Leaf owners, who soon became somewhat hostile to criticism, and almost abusive about other EV models, something I hope we can avoid, perhaps with model specific threads.Thanks

Reboot, you talk in so much code, I literally have no idea what you mean most of the time.

What alliance?
    What parish?

Reboot, you talk in so much code, I literally have no idea what you mean most of the time.

What alliance?
    What parish?

The Renault Nissan Alliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

I vote to start an actual Nissan Leaf thread.. This one is just Weird, mainly a discussion on what content should be displayed.

simdan wrote: »
    I vote to start an actual Nissan Leaf thread.. This one is just Weird, mainly a discussion on what content should be displayed.

Good man, don't vote,you mistake this for a democracy? Just do it, then all the a leaf stuff ,weird or not will be in the same place.Thanks

I'll be the little red hen so shall I?

It's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,245 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Anyone remember the brand of spare wheel which fits the leaf?

Mitsubishi Lancer I believe.

Hope so, as I have a Lancer tyre in the boot but haven't tried it yet!

Please do, only if it stops people talking in code. What little Red Hen? Thanks

reboot wrote: »
    Please do, only if it stops people talking in code. What little Red Hen? Thanks

LOL... it's part of the Farm Alliance doncha know!

Here we go ->
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057466608

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GreyDad

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Mitsubishi Lancer I believe.

Hope so, as I have a Lancer tyre in the boot but haven't tried it yet!

Errr.... any chance you could confirm this before I go out and buy one? :D

• Advertisement

LOL... it's part of the Farm Alliance doncha know!

Here we go ->
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057466608

Eggselent, I Leaf you to it..

Advertisement