Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballers - HBO

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ballers and Silicon Valley are very formulaic shows at this stage

Its hard to excited about the problems and how they solve them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Another flat episode.. I'm not sure where its going to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I only got around to watching the first episode of the new series last night. I don't know, it was pretty boring, nothing happened. Maybe it's been a while since I watched the last series but I couldn't even remember half the characters or what way the last series finished up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's not a great season, but totally watchable to see how things unfold.
    They need to give focus to the players tomfoolery and crazy antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Slow enough opening to the new season, not helped by the presence of the awful Russel Brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

i watched the first 3 episodes of the first season, kinda meh, its like Dallas for chavs

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Slow enough opening to the new season, not helped by the presence of the awful Russel Brand.

Ah no, I haven't started watching S4 yet but I absolutely hate Russell Brand :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭.red.

Ah no, I haven't started watching S4 yet but I absolutely hate Russell Brand :mad:

I don't like him either but thought he was ok in it. Played the part of an unlikable cocky English tw@t. Maybe he's taken up method acting?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,031 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for 5th Season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Can't watch it with Brand in it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭thesultan

Three episodes in and they need to get back to American football players. .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Probably easier to drag up a 4 year old thread than start a new one but I am making my way through Season 5 at the moment.

This has to be one of the most underrated shows out there.

Also, I feel quite poor after looking at it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,179 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Probably easier to drag up a 4 year old thread than start a new one but I am making my way through Season 5 at the moment.

This has to be one of the most underrated shows out there.

Also, I feel quite poor after looking at it!!!

If you have not seen it already I'd recommend Entourage, very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

If you have not seen it already I'd recommend Entourage, very similar.

Enjoyed the movie, couldnt get into the tv show!

M

Finishing up on it now, Russell Brand in the last 2 series single handed destroyed this show completely, utter Richard Head character with a screen attraction of proper death via cancer in every single possible part possible of your body being a proper option as entertainment rather than ever having to see this ultra scrote on tv ever again, complete bellend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Totally agree. They really scraped the barrel with him and he killed it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Is this easy going to watch? I generally like anything HBO air. Rewatched all 8 seasons of Entourage last month, wouldn't mind anothet half hour show that's not too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Is this easy going to watch? I generally like anything HBO air. Rewatched all 8 seasons of Entourage last month, wouldn't mind anothet half hour show that's not too serious.

Yeah it's very easy watching, like entourage but with American footballers. Quality falls off in later seasons but that's common with most kind of shows

M

Yeah it's very easy watching, like entourage but with American footballers. Quality falls off in later seasons but that's common with most kind of shows

Yes I found first 2 seasons very good, then starts to go a little downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

it was the he's creating a new franchise!, no he is not, yes he is, no hes not, yes he is, no he's not, that got tiresome just as the introduced Brand, that I got fed up with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I didn't like how they abandoned the storyline of spencer going after the NCAA, Brands character was awful and the eGaming storyline was horrific but I enjoyed it overall and I have essentially zero knowledge of the NFL

It definitely dips but it's worth the watch..... imagine entourage with infinitely better actors

Advertisement