Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

• Registered Users Posts: 33,049 ✭✭✭✭CSF

lougal88 wrote: »
    Would it be madness to transfer Firmino in?
    I'm actually considering benching him. Real danger he won't play with the game sandwiched between the 2 European games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Only just seen result from tonight's game, really surprised sturridge didn't see any game time. Should be a safe enough bet to start at the weekend... Then again...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/story/2860869/jurgen-klopp-explains-daniel-sturridge-omission-in-liverpool-loss-to-villarreal

Another bit from Klopp explaining why Benteke was brought on. Sturridge seems likely to start vs Swansea after no minutes last night.

But with Klopp vowing to throw the kitchen sink at Villarreal in the second leg that probably means he's in line to play in that game and may yet get reduced minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It's still worth holding Sturridge though as to sell him at this stage wouldn't make sense really. He will get 60 minimum vs Swansea but the rest of the team does worry me as he needa decent service.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    It's still worth holding Sturridge though as to sell him at this stage wouldn't make sense really. He will get 60 minimum vs Swansea but the rest of the team does worry me as he needa decent service.

I'm contemplating captaining him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm contemplating captaining him.

Not sure I'd go that far, just having him is enough in my league really. Sanchez for me this week.
    As i said its the quality of service he will get that has me worried, Klopp will rest quite a few for the Euro game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

City XI: Hart, Sagna, Kompany (C), Otamendi, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, De Bruyne, Aguero

Subs: Caballero, Mangala, Kolarov, Delph, Sterling, Bony, Iheanacho #realvcity #mcfc

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Kompany off injured. Gutted for him, had seriously bad luck with it this season.

Kompany off injured after just 10 minutes. Mangala on.

• Advertisement

KdB has been so poor tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Really fancy Arsenal to beat them at weekend after this

He was their best player so far... and no, it is not a compliment.

Yaya was replaced early and looked like an oldboy tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Aguero very deep since ihenacho came on.

wonski wrote: »
    He was their best player so far... and no, it is not a compliment.

Yaya was replaced early and looked like an oldboy tbh

He was trying harder than most all right. But the quality was terrible. Gave the ball away so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

City concentrating on the league now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

dsmythy wrote: »
    City concentrating on the league now.

Their players didn't even look arsed tonight never mind in the 2 league games to come
    Wouldn't be surprised if they win neither
    Really fancy Arsenal Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Gonna bail on Aguero after that.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Gonna bail on Aguero after that.

I want to do the same this weekend, but I'll want him back for Swansea on the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Think it'll finally be time to say goodbye to KDB, looked way off the pace tonight.

• Advertisement

He was trying harder than most all right. But the quality was terrible. Gave the ball away so much.

I think the overall display was really bad and picking the best/worst player would be difficult.

It was against Real and away from home, but with nothing to lose and a lot to gain from I was dissapointed...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd love to know what's going on behind the scenes with Kompany, he went off injured pretty much the exact same way as his last return from injury, either being rushed back when he shouldn't be or he is lying about his actual fitness. Could end his career at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Still hard to sell Aguero though especially with City at home, Sturridge would be the only I would consider. If I did I would probably bench , Gabriel, Bellerin and Sanchez as well. Just realised I am flying home from Majorca at the same time as this game which would probably be just as well.

Would people agree that if Sturridge starts tonight then it's very unlikely he starts against Watford?

CSF wrote: »
    Would people agree that if Sturridge starts tonight then it's very unlikely he starts against Watford?

If Liverpool go out they may play strongest team possible in all remaining games to try and secure el through league position.

If Liverpool go out they may play strongest team possible in all remaining games to try and secure el through league position.

I meant more in terms of Sturridge and his physical ability to play 2 games within a few days of each other. I'd still expect a strong team otherwise. Probably Ward to play in goals but otherwise strong.

CSF wrote: »
    I meant more in terms of Sturridge and his physical ability to play 2 games within a few days of each other. I'd still expect a strong team otherwise. Probably Ward to play in goals but otherwise strong.

I'd imagine if sturridge starts tonight he will probably start benteke Sunday sturridge wed. Sturridge has been back fit a couple of months now so I can't see there being an issue with him starting all the games but I don't think he will . Id make it more likely if they lose tonight.

I'd imagine if sturridge starts tonight he will probably start benteke Sunday sturridge wed. Sturridge has been back fit a couple of months now so I can't see there being an issue with him starting all the games but I don't think he will . Id make it more likely if they lose tonight.

I think Benteke would start Sunday too. Sturridge doesn't seem like someone who can play 2 games a week in any situation with his proneness to injury. I'd be strongly inclined to take him out if he plays enough minutes tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

How much rest does Mignolet need?! I'll be annoyed if he doesn't play both games.

• Advertisement

How much rest does Mignolet need?! I'll be annoyed if he doesn't play both games.

I don't think it's a rest thing. Goalkeepers don't need much rest. It's a giving games to the young lad thing.

Advertisement