Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transcribe Interview software?

Options
  • 22-06-2015 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

I've a 12 interviews to do, just wondered is there any software out there to help.
    I know there is some pedal that you plug in to a PC and it stops the recording and goes back 2 seconds, you hit it with your food.
    Are there any other helpful things, I don't have the pedal thing but will be getting a lend next week.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

We've tried using Dragon transcription software, but had problems with the programme recognizing different speakers and accents during interviews, producing syntax, idiom errors, etc. After editing, it was more efficient than having someone keying-in (live) spoken words during interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

It's my first time doing it and I'm sure there are little ways of making it go as quick as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

I've recently been doing some transcribing (without a pedal) and have been using Sonocent Audio Notetaker (website).
    My university has a licence for the software so was able to download for free. It was my first time doing any transcription, so hadn't researched different software too much, but I've found it useful. There are some handy shortcuts and features, so once you learn these it's quite user friendly. In terms of efficiency I've nothing else to compare it to, so can't really help you on that one.

Advertisement