Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The return of Winning Streak

Options
  • 20-06-2015 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,027 ✭✭✭✭

Winning Streak is back tonight.

Never in the history of TV has the return of such a s#ite show been welcomed by so many.

We love you Winning Streak, welcome back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

It's award winning stuff compared to what replaced it and what it's now replacing.

1. They give away more money
    2. It's got Marty Whelan

#nomartynoparty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Winning Streak is pure cringe and a pretty awful TV show, but it's good to have it back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

... now that we know how bad it could be?

Farewell pyramid, may you never return.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭County rebel

Great to have it back saturday night was not the same without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

Yes.
    Is this a cock-up or a secret being released?
    In the RTE guide for this week's listings, Marty is listed as being 59, as we know, but Sinead Kennedy allegedly born in 1984 is listed as being 19 years younger. Is this a mistake or has her true age been released?
    If she is 40, then she looks an awful lot younger!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The only bad thing is that RTE and the National Lottery are still saying it's Europe's longest-running TV game show.

Will we ever know what their definition of a game show is...? :o :rolleyes: :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

The first 30 seconds is better than the whole Nicky Byrne nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I am really delighted that Winning Streak has returned on our screens in the next few minutes. Was I so wrong to predict it's demise back then when it was replaced (only temporaily) by that previous shovel of **** called The Miilion Euro Challenge.

I am just glad it's back now. Hooray. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

There on now.
    Good to have them back and not have to listen to that wooden plank Nicky.

The first 30 seconds is better than the whole Nicky Byrne nightmare.

And it looks like every member of the studio audience is more excited than they would be on Nicky's show. :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

I literally burst out laughing when Marty told your one she'd have her own phone.... More laughs already than Nicky mustered

Hello to everyone that owes me money hahaha

I'm so glad to see Marty and Sinead back that I might even buy a Winning Streak ticket next week - for the first time ever.

That must be more given away already than Nicky did in any show bar the million one

Sinead is very pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Don't normally watch but had to tune in tonight after watching a show and a half of the miserly borefest pyramid thingy...already the first contestant has almost won as much as the average overall winner on said rubbish triangle thing ... And the contestants and audience are all so happy!

Edit to add probably relieved more than happy...

Cars and holidays being given away like mad here.

On the other hand, the Million Euro Challenge didn't even offer either...

96k in prizes already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'd say contestants on the last show will be watching this wondering why they bothered. Some guy just won 40 grand and a holiday in one round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

The only bad thing is that RTE and the National Lottery are still saying it's Europe's longest-running TV game show.

Will we ever know what their definition of a game show is...? :o :rolleyes: :D

Does University Challenge count? Or is a quiz different from a game show?

• Advertisement

Wouldn't you be sick as a parrot if you had the misfortune to have your 3 stars picked out earlier this year, have to endure a cringey chat with Nicky, play games with no apparent logic and barely scrape 8K. When you see what you're missing out on tonight. Marty who isn't afraid to laugh at himself, the beautiful and relaxed Sinead and the opportunity for some serious wedge at the end of it.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I'd say contestants on the last show will be watching this wondering why they bothered. Some guy just won 40 grand and a holiday in one round.

Yeah I cracked the ffing code, chose , helicopter, pineapple, aeroplane, took me twenty, excruciating minutes to climb the triangle of doom...and all I got was 13k and I had to share it with the other guy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I tell you one thing, I'm going to buy a Winning Streak scratchy tomorrow.

Does University Challenge count? Or is a quiz different from a game show?

Well, UC has questions in it and WS doesn't... ;)

But RTE and the National Lottery have been making this claim for several years - even when Wetten, Dass...? was still going.

Wetten-dass.jpg

This was the original German version of You Bet!, and it ended last year having run for 33 years - nearly a decade longer than the 'Streak.

And surely it, and YB!, were games of chance - all the contestants had to do was predict whether or not a challenge would be completed successfully...

Giving away a lot less in the high/low game. I blame the new Lottery operator for that.

They are genuinely having great crack.

Giving away a lot less in the high/low game. I blame the new Lottery operator for that.

Everyone's still got an extra €12k, though. :D:);)

Everyone's still got an extra €12k, though. :D:);)

And now a golden wheel I'd say Nicky has gone back for singing lessons!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

How do you play?
    You buy a ticket.
    Good night and god bless.

• Advertisement

A few sneaky savings as in the high/low decrease and no randomer from home spinning the small wheel and no 1K for non-wheel picks in the last game. Again, thats the fault of the new Lottery operator.

Its great to have Marty and Sinead back. Genuine entertainers and put the players right at their ease.

Good job RTE...

Advertisement