Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eagles of Death Metal - Olympia - 10th Nov

Options
  • 19-06-2015 12:01pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Californian rock legends Eagles Of Death Metal have announced their long awaited Irish return with a show at Dublin’s Olympia Theatre on 10 November 2015.

Ticket Information
    Tickets priced €22.50 inclusive of booking fee go on sale next Wednesday, 24 June from Ticketmaster outlets and www.ticketmaster.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Well that's just absolutely fantastic news!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Ticket Information
    Tickets priced €22.50 inclusive of booking fee go on sale next Wednesday, 17 June from Ticketmaster outlets and www.ticketmaster.ie

On sale Wednesday 24th June

• Registered Users Posts: 21,176 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Damn, a few days later would've been sweet, but probably won't make it to this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

nm wrote: »
    On sale Wednesday 24th June

MCD say 17th , but clearly cant be write ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Saw them in Glasgow earlier this week. Cannot wait for this show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Saw them in the Academy a few years back. I think Joey Castillo was drumming for them at the time. Great gig. Jesse Hughes is a great frontman as can be seen in this video from a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Standing tickets got, now to go and enjoy my cup of coffee! Roll on November. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Saw them in the Academy a few years back. I think Joey Castillo was drumming for them at the time. Great gig. Jesse Hughes is a great frontman as can be seen in this video from a few years back

was at that gig and yep castillo was on drums. met jesse after the gig, sound bastard, stood chatting for about ten minutes with us.
    tickets have arrived, really looking forward to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ROR123

Hi guys,

missed out big time here, friend informed me today... Cant find standing tickets, only circle seats.

does anyone know if they will go on sale again or better yet anyone selling them please pm me.

thanks

• Advertisement

Any word on a support for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

after watching TFI im guessing there will be no Homme again? :(

after watching TFI im guessing there will be no Homme again? :(

He's not on this tour at all

• Registered Users Posts: 21,176 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Actually gutted Ill miss this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

ROR123 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

missed out big time here, friend informed me today... Cant find standing tickets, only circle seats.

does anyone know if they will go on sale again or better yet anyone selling them please pm me.

thanks

Circle in the Olympia is one of the best spots for a gig.. lower circle anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Looking forward to this tonight :)

Havent ventured into town on a Tuesday night in donkeys, anyone know where will have any life after the gig, pub-wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭lc180

That was a hell of a lot of fun! One of my favourite gigs of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Very entertaining.. he's some front man, the best Dad dancing I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Anyone catch the name of the second support (immediately before EODM)? Serious stage presence for just the 2 of them. Thought the lads were unreal, found the Duran Duran cover a bit of a curveball but so good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭lc180

hots wrote: »
    Anyone catch the name of the second support (immediately before EODM)? Serious stage presence for just the 2 of them. Thought the lads were unreal, found the Duran Duran cover a bit of a curveball but so good!

They were called White Miles.

Anyone know what was the name of the intro song that was played when EODM came on stage?
    EDIT : it's "Magic" by Pilot, cheesy soft rock at its best

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

lc180 wrote: »
    They were called White Miles.

Perfecto, thanks :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just breaking news now, seems like one of the Paris attacks tonight was at The Eagles of Death Metal gig :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Holy s**t

This is scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

hope everybody is ok in paris. best of luck to them all. scary stuff

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    hope everybody is ok in paris. best of luck to them all. scary stuff

Eagles Of Death Metal
    1 min ·
    We are still currently trying to determine the safety and whereabouts of all our band and crew. Our thoughts are with all of the people involved in this tragic situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Eagles Of Death Metal
    1 min ·
    We are still currently trying to determine the safety and whereabouts of all our band and crew. Our thoughts are with all of the people involved in this tragic situation.

https://twitter.com/search?q=eagles+of+death+metal&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

80 people killed at the EODM gig, shocking.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Ipecac Recordings
    We are very sad to learn that Nick Alexander, part of the Eagles of Death Metal crew was one of the innocent victims in Paris. Our thoughts are focused on the family and friends of Nick and the other victims. Too much hatred and negativity in this world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,932 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

why was this concert invaded.cause they were a rock band, american. Id say shows over here will be heavily secured. may sound stupid but these guys could target u2 shows over here

Advertisement