Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fitness Institute Vs Elite Fitness & Performance

Options
  • 18-06-2015 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Thought I'd take a course while I have nothing else to do.

So I've seen a lot of info about Elite Fitness & Performance on here and they are my No.1 option at the moment.

Just saw an advertisement for The Fitness Institute and they are the same price as Elite Fitness. Elite Fitness course is 6 weeks long. The Fitness Institute course is 17 weeks long.

The Fitness Institute offer the following: (Personal Trainer Course)
    • ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
    • ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
    • FETAC Level 6 Occupational First Aid
    • Manual Handling Certificate
    • The Fitness Institute Certificate in Personal Training

Elite Fitness & Performance offer the following: (Fast Track Personal Trainer Course)
    • EQF at Level 3
    • Level 4 Personal Trainer EQF

If somebody wanted to follow a career path in Ireland, which course is the best option?
    If somebody wanted to follow a career path aboard, UK/EU etc, which course is the best option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Thought I'd take a course while I have nothing else to do.

So I've seen a lot of info about Elite Fitness & Performance on here and they are my No.1 option at the moment.

Just saw an advertisement for The Fitness Institute and they are the same price as Elite Fitness. Elite Fitness course is 6 weeks long. The Fitness Institute course is 17 weeks long.

The Fitness Institute offer the following: (Personal Trainer Course)
    • ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
    • ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
    • FETAC Level 6 Occupational First Aid
    • Manual Handling Certificate
    • The Fitness Institute Certificate in Personal Training

Elite Fitness & Performance offer the following: (Fast Track Personal Trainer Course)
    • EQF at Level 3
    • Level 4 Personal Trainer EQF

If somebody wanted to follow a career path in Ireland, which course is the best option?
    If somebody wanted to follow a career path aboard, UK/EU etc, which course is the best option?
    are the qualifications from elite NOT recognised outside of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

From the EFPA website:
    Elite Fitness & Performance Academy courses are recognized in the EU, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and UAE. REPS Ireland is aligned to the European Qualification Framework and REPS Ireland is a part of the ICREPS organisation that connects exercise professional registers in UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and UAE.

If you travel to work in another country, you can apply to register in the REPs organisation of that country by enquiring to REPs Ireland on reps@ilam.ie. They will guide you through a transfer to another country’s register.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

From the EFPA website:
    ok so elite so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I work for one and am good friends with the other.

The Elite course is full time, that's why it's 6 weeks.

The FI course is part time, which is why it's 17.

Contact hours are pretty much the same as far as I know.

Elite has a long track record of producing excellent trainers and has some unreal tutors on it too.

But like I said, I'm slightly biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Has anyone here done a course with Million Dollar Fitness Academy or know anything about them, they're in Derry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 NiamhG.

Has anyone any feedback on Fitness Institute - has anyone completed their Personal Trainer course? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Hi Niamh, I didn't choose either. I went with The Fitness Academy in the end. It's been excellent so far, great content, great teachers, ITEC. The course itself is very heavy work wise but I can't believe how much I've learnt in a couple of weeks and I would have known a good bit to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NiamhG.

Thanks very much for the reply. The course you mentioned looks good, just a bit too far away from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 The Fitness Institute

Hanley wrote: »
    I work for one and am good friends with the other.

The Elite course is full time, that's why it's 6 weeks.

The FI course is part time, which is why it's 17.

Contact hours are pretty much the same as far as I know.

Elite has a long track record of producing excellent trainers and has some unreal tutors on it too.

But like I said, I'm slightly biased.

Hi,

The course we offer is an ITEC Level 3 Diploma In Personal Training.

Both our Full time & Part time options are run over a four month period as part of our intensive learning program. We believe anything shorter is just not a sufficient amount of time to develop the experience and knowledge necessary to stand out in the fitness industry.

Thanks,
    Stephen | The Fitness Institute

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Hi,

The course we offer is an ITEC Level 3 Diploma In Personal Training.

Both our Full time & Part time options are run over a four month period as part of our intensive learning program. We believe anything shorter is just not a sufficient amount of time to develop the experience and knowledge necessary to stand out in the fitness industry.

Thanks,
    Stephen | The Fitness Institute

Hey Stephen, didn't realise the full time course was mon-fri for the 4 months.

Apologies!

EDIT: Sorry, ust checked. I see your full time course is actually 2 days per week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement