Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best IPA

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Lagunitas hop stoopid is my fave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Having a Boyne Brewhouse Session IPA for the first time. It's really nice, good flavour but no real sourness. Sounds weird too but there's a kind of different nice fizz off it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Patww79 wrote: »
    no real sourness.
    It's not supposed to be sour.

BeerNut wrote: »
    It's not supposed to be sour.

It's not. That's what I said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's not. That's what I said.

But why say it? It’s like saying it doesn’t taste of strawberries.

Visited Wetherspoons lately and was thrilled to see they had punk IPA on draft for €4.50. Also had various other ales including an IPA at €2.75 but seemed a bit insipid to me. Crazy that they can beat off license prices in a pub. I always head straight for the nearest brewdog pub when I'm in the UK.

BaZmO* wrote: »

Because a lot of them do, most in fact. Maybe sour is the wrong word but it was quicker to type than grapefruity. Irish brewers tend to be a bit heavy handed on it.

The fizz is nice though. More like a a sparkling wine than what you'd normally get in a beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

BaZmO* wrote: »

Because a lot of them do, most in fact. Maybe sour is the wrong word but it was quicker to type than grapefruity. Irish brewers tend to be a bit heavy handed on it.

The fizz is nice though. More like a a sparkling wine than what you'd normally get in a beer.
    You mean bitterness.
    Bitterness used to be all the rage. Its not anymore unfortunately, the masses prefer IPAs with less bitterness nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You mean bitterness.
    Bitterness used to be all the rage. Its not anymore unfortunately, the masses prefer IPAs with less bitterness nowadays.

Why do so many Irish people confuse bitter and sour? - it makes for very confusing conversations.

Don't start me on a New England/juicy/East coast rant:mad::mad::mad:
    I'm really sick of this omnipresent style that, to me, is completely unbalanced and doesn't taste like beer at all. If I wanted to taste reconstituted, tinned, frozen, concentrated fruit juice I'd buy a can of Squeeze !!

I dunno. All I know is that my favourite session was always white hag but now I'd be inclined to go for the one I mentioned. I still like the bitter taste off some other ones like the high Viz but that's completely different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

I dunno. All I know is that my favourite session was always white hag but now I'd be inclined to go for the one I mentioned. I still like the bitter taste off some other ones like the high Viz but that's completely different.
    It maybe the hop flavour profile your tasting. Ella tastes of grapefruit and cascade does a little too. or maybe the danker hops like simcoe or Chinook are not to your taste vs the bright citrus hops like citra & amarillo.
    The shortest way to find out is to buy any single series hop beer you can and try them. A fun project!

Advertisement