Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedgerow cordials, courses.

Options
  • 17-06-2015 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hiya all.

I am going to start running some Hedgerow cordial courses.

We will go out and identify and harvest the flower's, so you will know how to identify the herb. Then we will bring them back and prepare them, prior to making the cordial, so that you have experience to make your own in the future. We will then set a batch off so that you know what is involved in making your own at home.
    Best of all, you will have a 500ml bottle to take home until you can get your own batch ready!

If you are interested, please look at our Facebook page.;
    Dun Roaming Smallholding and Open Farm. Ireland
    Look forward to hearing from you!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Just had a look at your FB page - its blank?!?!

What cordials besides Elderflower do you make?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭tattycat

Anob.....so sorry. There seem to be 2 pages and yes 1 blank...I'm very much a novice at this and doing it on a phone as the laptop's given in!!
    There is however another page that you should be able to find....I hope!!lol

I also make nettle, red clover, blackcurrant, damson, blackberry, loganberry and elderberry. I have made medowsweet and lavender but have found that they are an aquired taste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

YAY!!
    So glad you found me Quality mark! !
    Hope you enjoyed the page.☺

Nice page :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Im fascinated by the different cordials you make - how does the Red Clover taste?? I regularly make Elderflower Cordial - made a batch this a.m and a batch of Elderflower "sparkler".

Maybe you could put up some recipes?!?

Do you sell any of your poultry?

What courses do you offer?

Nice website by the way! (Liked it!)

Hiya Anob. Thanks for your kind words about the Facebook page.

The Red Clover Cordial is quite floral and dry, most of my friends are liking it as much as the Elderflower.

We do sell some poultry, is there anything that you are looking for particularly?

We do however have 2 PB Toggenberg billy kid's for sale. Their father is from the Mylerstow herd, mother a show winner in her own right. Quality breeding stock.

We also have 2 PB Anglo Nubian kid's, 1 boy and 1 girl. Beautiful kids with beautiful markings.

We are currently only running the Cordial Course as we have just started running courses and are still getting organised! We are hoping to do a Making Chutney and a Winter Warmer's Course Wild Fruit Liqueurs, which will be in the Autumn.

We are also planning on running some goat keeping and soft cheese making courses, however we have just lost our oldest Nanny, so thing's have slowed down for the moment.
    We are also planning on running some Goat Showing and Smallholding weekends, so you can come and get immersed in the place!!

Thanks again for your kind words about the Facebook page. .☺

Ohh. Soo sorry..I'm mortified. ..I spelt your name wrong..����
    Apologies.

Thanks for your pm.☺

Would be nice if there were some grain courses too. Was reading a piece by a young archaeologist who'd ground grain with a quern and ended up with a lot of pebbles and stone fragments in the mix; nobody, obv, had told her that the stones need to be set far enough apart to grind the wheat without grinding each other! Not to mention sieving the flour!

I wouldn't know how to do a course on grains as I don't mill myself.
    Maybe got in touch with Harmony Farm, they might start something....
    I would've thought the archaeologist would've done their reserve enough to know how to have the stones and even I know that the flour would need sieving!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement