Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    I've a feeling we will be losing Bellerin as a defender with attacking capabilities this summer. With Alves leaving Barca he seems the obvious choice.

Yeh seen that was a story a few of the papers picked up. Be interesting to see how much he would go for.

Its amazing how quickly "I'm very happy there so I don't see myself anywhere other than Arsenal." becomes I've always wanted to go back to Barca!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How do i join one of the "league" formats lads?was in the pay leagues last season

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

FA Cup quarter-final replays to be scrapped from next season. This means less double gameweeks now and a potential headache regarding the use of chips.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36393608

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FA Cup quarter-final replays to be scrapped from next season. This means less double gameweeks now and a potential headache regarding the use of chips.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36393608

The replays being scrapped will make no difference to the amount of dgws. Chances are there will be less dgw next yr if the FA cup qf weekend doesn't clash with a set of league fixtures. This will probably happen as there is no international tournament next summer so the season can finish later. I'll only b keeping TC for the dgws. Chances are the only games that will need to be refixed are those cancelled for carling cup final and fa cup semi final .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

The replays being scrapped will make no difference to the amount of dgws. Chances are there will be less dgw next yr if the FA cup qf weekend doesn't clash with a set of league fixtures. This will probably happen as there is no international tournament next summer so the season can finish later. I'll only b keeping TC for the dgws. Chances are the only games that will need to be refixed are those cancelled for carling cup final and fa cup semi final .

Was just trying to post something similar but gave up! :)

Thing is this season started a week earlier to allow the early finish so as far as I know the PL season covered the same timespan. The fact that there will be less fixture congestion later means it's probably more likely they will have PL games on the QF weekend actually. I'm sure the PL and (more to the point) Sky would prefer not to have a blank weekend PL wise.

However is it possible with no replays that league games postponed due to clashes with the QF wiuld just be refixed for the midweek after and therefore be in the same FPL gameweek?

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    How do i join one of the "league" formats lads?was in the pay leagues last season

For serious or sarcastic? If for real wait until pre-season join Q league if for sarcastic then it's too late for that why am I here at almost 2am.

Ah you've totally jinxed it now. We're so due a bad winter like remember the city v Everton week before vc's and everyone ended up with Cahill or Tevez captain? I'm still sick at that week as I had Tevez as legit captain. We're so due one of those.

FHFC wrote: »
    Was just trying to post something similar but gave up! :)

Thing is this season started a week earlier to allow the early finish so as far as I know the PL season covered the same timespan. The fact that there will be less fixture congestion later means it's probably more likely they will have PL games on the QF weekend actually. I'm sure the PL and (more to the point) Sky would prefer not to have a blank weekend PL wise.

However is it possible with no replays that league games postponed due to clashes with the QF wiuld just be refixed for the midweek after and therefore be in the same FPL gameweek?

In the 2014 2015 season the fa cup qf didn't clash with a round of league games. Qpr and spurs cancelled for the carling cup final got refixed for the weekend of the fa cup qf only league fixture that weekend which gave us a dgw as it was mixed in with previous gws fixtures. Briefly looking back at it it looks like we had a spurs Qpr dgw a few weeks later a qpr villa dgw. I think there was 4 teams involved in a dgw in either 34 or 35 and dgw 37 just involved arsenal and Sunderland.
    With regard to refixing cancelled league games from the cup in the following midweek. Those games will still go to midweeks that don't have European games. I know there was a bit of a clash with that this year but that was because there was nowhere else for those fixtures to go. My prediction would be there will be no league fixtures the weekend of fa cup qf if that happens we will have a maximum of 6 dgw games more than likely less and split over 2 to 3 gws.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mourinho confirmed as United boss
    De gea confirmed as my keeper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

km79 wrote: »

nah, I'm always a 2x 4.5 keepers kinda guy

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Are you playing the Spanish PL game this year😉
    Cheap keepers shaw and then four 4.5 defenders.

In the 2014 2015 season the fa cup qf didn't clash with a round of league games. Qpr and spurs cancelled for the carling cup final got refixed for the weekend of the fa cup qf only league fixture that weekend which gave us a dgw as it was mixed in with previous gws fixtures. Briefly looking back at it it looks like we had a spurs Qpr dgw a few weeks later a qpr villa dgw. I think there was 4 teams involved in a dgw in either 34 or 35 and dgw 37 just involved arsenal and Sunderland.
    With regard to refixing cancelled league games from the cup in the following midweek. Those games will still go to midweeks that don't have European games. I know there was a bit of a clash with that this year but that was because there was nowhere else for those fixtures to go. My prediction would be there will be no league fixtures the weekend of fa cup qf if that happens we will have a maximum of 6 dgw games more than likely less and split over 2 to 3 gws.

Yeah, know they did that in 2014/15 re the cup QFs. But my point was that in 2015/16 they didn't do it despite the season being the same length (it was just moved forward 1 week) and fixture congestion being a problem. Does that not suggest it was a failed or unpopular experiment? One which Sky I'm sure are not fond of.

Now they are trying the no QF replays measure which will allow certainty about at least one midweek date within a week or 3 at most after the QF weekend (whichever midweek has no European games). Knowing there are no replays will allow that midweek to be used for refixing cup QF cancellations as soon as the QF draw is made, even if it is the midweek immediately after QF weekend.

I doubt they will want or need to implement 2 measures to reduce FA Cup related congestion. My prediction therefore is PL games ON for Cup QF weekend and refixed games midweek either same GW or within the next 2 GWs.

Yeah, know they did that in 2014/15 re the cup QFs. But my point was that in 2015/16 they didn't do it despite the season being the same length (it was just moved forward 1 week) and fixture congestion being a problem. Does that not suggest it was a failed or unpopular experiment? One which Sky I'm sure are not fond of.

Now they are trying the no QF replays measure which will allow certainty about at least one midweek date within a week or 3 at most after the QF weekend (whichever midweek has no European games). Knowing there are no replays will allow that midweek to be used for refixing cup QF cancellations as soon as the QF draw is made, even if it is the midweek immediately after QF weekend.

I doubt they will want or need to implement 2 measures to reduce FA Cup related congestion. My prediction therefore is PL games ON for Cup QF weekend and refixed games midweek either same GW or within the next 2 GWs.

It could be because the way Xmas fell this year there was only 3 gws over Xmas whereas there is usually 4. Meaning they needed an extra gw somewhere else which the used the fa cup qf weekend for.

Are you playing the Spanish PL game this year😉
    Cheap keepers shaw and then four 4.5 defenders.

Forgot about shaw actually
    All depends on fixtures anyway

It could be because the way Xmas fell this year there was only 3 gws over Xmas whereas there is usually 4. Meaning they needed an extra gw somewhere else which the used the fa cup qf weekend for.

I bow to you superior fixture geek powers... as ever. :p

Less than 20 days till fixtures released so we'll know the story pretty much!

jimmii wrote: »
    For serious or sarcastic? If for real wait until pre-season join Q league if for sarcastic then it's too late for that why am I here at almost 2am.

Serious... I know how the pay league works and played it this year but Ye have a seperate league system going don't Ye? Where you have too do well in one too quailify for the next league?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Serious... I know how the pay league works and played it this year but Ye have a seperate league system going don't Ye? Where you have too do well in one too quailify for the next league?

You'll have to start in the Qualifying League if you want to make it into the league system. That league is one of the toughest in the world though so good luck with your journey!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just wasn't sure as it was only asked on the previous page! It'll be up and running in pre-season again. Tough tough league I got second in 14/15 and was tanked 2200ish it was probably worse in the season just gone! Sign up threads normally pop up once the game opens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    Just wasn't sure as it was only asked on the previous page! It'll be up and running in pre-season again. Tough tough league I got second in 14/15 and was tanked 2200ish it was probably worse in the season just gone! Sign up threads normally pop up once the game opens.

Not for the Qualifying one, that'll pop up once I get all the others full.

CSF wrote: »
    Not for the Qualifying one, that'll pop up once I get all the others full.
    Im interested in joining any ways. Whatever one is for new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Im interested in joining any ways. Whatever one is for new players.

Grand keep your eyes peeled at the start of August for it, best of luck it's a tough nut to crack that qualifying league!!!

Can't see how anyone would be interested in Fantasy Footie Fix's current package. The absolute futility of trying to pick a squad for next season at this stage is mind boggling.

Even when the game opens its a waste of time. I made the mistake last season of tinkering straight away and won't again. Autopick and then look at team on last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's bizarre, tbh. We don't even have fixtures yet. I really like Gameweek Live but wouldn't trust any of their algorithms.

Can't see how anyone would be interested in Fantasy Footie Fix's current package. The absolute futility of trying to pick a squad for next season at this stage is mind boggling.

Even when the game opens its a waste of time. I made the mistake last season of tinkering straight away and won't again. Autopick and then look at team on last 2 weeks.

Couldn't believe it when I got the email about that. Too soon lads too soon. Go outside get some sun it can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

PVA signs new 4 year contract with Sunderland :D

Looks like we're sticking together for another year :cool:

Had just spotted this on Twitter and then seen new post in form by Mr P
    I didn't even need to open it :D

I'm signing him day 1 first draft!!