Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Looking for advice

• 16-06-2015 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ bucky08

Looking for advise from people in the know. I have a pass degree in electronic engineering level 7 also a qualified electrician and also have a cert in automation and control. I have been looking to get into instrumentation and trying to decide whether to take three different options
    1. Go into year 3 applied physics and instrumentation in C.I.T full time course
    2. Go into year 3 applied physics and instrumentation evening course.
    3. Do the solas course instrumentation upskilling in galway its a city and guilds course.

Looking for peoples opinions which would benefit me the most .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭ Sup08

bucky08 wrote: »
    Looking for advise from people in the know. I have a pass degree in electronic engineering level 7 also a qualified electrician and also have a cert in automation and control. I have been looking to get into instrumentation and trying to decide whether to take three different options
    1. Go into year 3 applied physics and instrumentation in C.I.T full time course
    2. Go into year 3 applied physics and instrumentation evening course.
    3. Do the solas course instrumentation upskilling in galway its a city and guilds course.

Looking for peoples opinions which would benefit me the most .

This is not really my field of expertise, but with your qualifications listed you should try Intel in Leixlip, if you are around there or willing to travel/move.
    I believe they are looking really hard for people with these qualifications and recently a friend of mine started with them with similar certification and being a sparks.
    I'm sure you will receive better training and hand on experience than Solas and get paid for it. Just a thought.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Suaimhneach

Not really sure if this is graduate, maybe better suited to the post-grad forum?

Fwiw, if you can do the course full time, I'd encourage that. Full time work with part time study is very hard and means a lot of down time for the year.

How did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ bucky08

Took Job with company.. Might try and study part time will have to wait and see..

Advertisement