Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

chris Evans confirmed as new TOP Gear presenter

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

sligeach wrote: »

No loss there.. TFI (like Evans himself) is terribly dated and wasn't really ever that good to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Patww79 wrote: »

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can't understand all this love for LeBlanc, i think he's crap

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Probably has to do with the guy who he was presenting with.
    Next to Evans it is hard to be disliked.

They just ****ed up with those presenters.
    Working from a checklist of "we need one of this, one of that...." to keep The Guardian happy.
    And then pick people who once or twice had a cameo on the real Top Gear and were pretty watcheable in that cameo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

fryup wrote: »
    can't understand all this love for LeBlanc, i think he's crap

I feel the same about Sabine.. excellent driver yes, but absolutely terrible as a host/presenter/guest star - or whatever the format they were using was.

There's 2 options here as I see it..

- This time completely revamp it with a must smaller presenting team that can do their own thing rather than copying CHM

- Scrap the show entirely (or for a few years at least)

Option 3 - get the lads back - would never fly, especially if TGT on Amazon does well which, given the abysmal performance of Evans and co, is almost guaranteed as people go back for "real" Top Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Felt the show got better as it went along. The cars they looked at this season were very interesting.

Harris & Reid are good additions, their reviews were informative.

Evans was getting better at it but the first episodes left their mark with the viewers. Not fussed whether he stayed or left

You always feel like Le Blanc is acting his way through alot of it. Not fussed whether he stays or leaves

Jordan & Schmit dont offer much at all unless its a segment that needs more drivers.

I imagine the Grand Tour will come along to land a KO punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Chris has written a "wrap-up" piece for the Daily Mail: I was a square peg in a round hole - but am I down about Top Gear? No, it was one heck of a thrill!. He's putting a positive spin on his departure, and has some particularly nice things to say about Matt:
    For me, he is the man. He is the captain Top Gear truly needs going forward, the perfect torso for the rest of TG’s limbs.

Not only does he eat, sleep, breathe and dream engines, propshafts and trail-braking, but the overwhelming quality that struck me about him is that he’s just such a pro.

The whole time I worked with him, he never once looked at the clock, was never late on set, knew his lines inside out and back to front and, most importantly on such an intense production, he always had time for everyone, especially the crew.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I just watched the last three episodes last night. And I enjoyed them more than any Top Gears in the last ten years.

I really like Le Blanc, Harris and Reid. Evans is borderline ok. But Schmitz and Jordan are both awful.

The Harris piece on the M2 was really enjoyable as was Le Blanc's sojourn in Kerry with the Rolls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 SirJoker

Really? I think I must disagree a little bit. The only good thing on the new Top Gear is Le Blanc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I don't even think LeBlanc is that good.

But guess everyone has different opinions!

Well, of course it can't compete with the old band but hey... what can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Top Gear: Extra Gear on RTE 2 now.

Huh? What's that about? :D Something like behind the scene?

Advertisement