Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Season of Game of Thrones

• 16-06-2015 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

?

Best Season of Game of Thrones? 194 votes

Season 1
    0% 0 votes
    Season 2
    43% 84 votes
    Season 3
    10% 21 votes
    Season 4
    17% 34 votes
    Season 5
    28% 55 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Season 1. It was the closest to the source material but any up to season 3 were the best in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Think season one is still my personal favourite, but two and three wouldn't be far behind. Think it starts to go down hill from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

Definitely season 1 IMO. But best singular episode was HardHome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

In that order.

1 and 2 a class above. 3 and 4 still quite good. Season 5, mostly poor (at least by GOT standards).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Haha. I thought 2 was pretty poor, definitely the poorest until 5.

I'd go 4, 1, 3, 2, 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Definitely season 1 because it was so close to the book!
    As well all those shock-moments and the whole excitement about that "new" show back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,833 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm trying to decide between seasons 3 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

celica00 wrote: »
    Definitely season 1 because it was so close to the book!
    As well all those shock-moments and the whole excitement about that "new" show back then.

The opening scene with the White Walker was perfect, it's still one of the most atmospheric scenes in the whole series, instantly hooked me. Show is goofy now in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Troyaferd

I dont really get the love for Season 4, introducing such a great character and kill him of so poorly the same season?? The Daenerys Story also went to nowhere, Missandei and Grey Worm Story - really? Also the missing of Robb and Catelyn did the series no favor. Just wondering...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Troyaferd wrote: »
    I dont really get the love for Season 4, introducing such a great character and kill him of so poorly the same season?? The Daenerys Story also went to nowhere, Missandei and Grey Worm Story - really? Also the missing of Robb and Catelyn did the series no favor. Just wondering...

It was a very exciting season, something very dramatic happened practically every week.

My personal favourite scene was Alliser Thornes rousing battle cry and call to action at the battle for Castle Black - he redeemed himself in many ways for me then. I also loved the scene with the Nights Watch guys in the tunnel against the giant - I was moved by it.

Course the Mountain and the Viper was a great show but the above is what made the season for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Seasons 1 - 4 were all excellent, but with 1 & 4 being the better 2.
    So hard to pick between Season 1 & 4 as a favourite.

Going to go with Season 1 as even the extra bits created just for the show were really good back then, and the dialogue was so much better as it was lifted straight from the book in a lot of scenes. They all speak kinda modern now.
    And season 4 had that beetles speech, so gonna put Season 1 above it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

1,4,2,3 and 5 a very distant last, terrible season compared to the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

I know you all gonna hate me, but for me it's season 5... We finally get to see the real threat behind the wall, the game stepped up with all those deaths(or not)... But I know that the season 6 will be the most anticipated season...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Probably Season 3 purely for
    The Red Wedding
    . Don't think any episode climax has ever dumbfounded me as much as that did. Admittedly the last episode of the season was anti-climatic but tbf, nothing was going to compare to that. The rest of the season had moved at a cracking pace as well, something that I think has been missing from the last two seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Season 2 for me
    Only thing wasn't big fan of Quarth - but the season introduced Stannis and Davos, had Renly and Tyrells, had Bran trying to run Winterfell, had Theon and Iron Island's, had Ayra and Tywin- and introduces Jac, has Tyrion being a boss in Kingslanding ordering around Jeoffery, and has brilliant Battle of Kingslanding

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I'm in the Season 4 camp. I'll add that I haven't read the books either. Despite losing a few great characters like Joffrey(despicible but brilliant) and Oberyn and Daenerys story sucking harder than ever there were no bad episodes. I watched the whole lot again before season 5 started and 4 was even better than I remembered during the binge rewatch.

5, as a whole was pretty bad but episode 8 is my favourite of the whole series. Eps 8, 9 and 10 saved it from being a total disaster imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,392 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

3 off hand for so many stand out moments.

The battle of castle black is my favourite episode though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Probably season 3 for me. I just finished watching Season 5 and while it was good, I wasn't really sure what was going on with some of the stories. Plus I completely forgot about
    Bran and was wondering was he even still alive

3 or 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I've just rewatched them all, and I'd say season 1 is the best, from start to finish. I was going to list the 5 or 6 things that I think made it great, but I won't spoil it because if anyone hasn't watched season 1 since it first aired I'd recommend to watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Having watched them all back again before this series, I'd say 2 was the one I enjoyed most (controversially by the looks of things): it's the one where all of the best characters are where they belong and relatively happy, then **** starts to go wrong. Tyrion as hand, Arya starting to show her bad ass stripes, Jon getting all bro-y with Sam, Danaerys realising who she is etc.

4 after that for me. Nearly every week had a jaw-dropping moment and the finale was one of the few that lived up to the hype. Then I'd go 1, 5 (only for how good Hardhomme was) and 3. I found the Stark/Lannister war and Robb in love storyline quite boring, although the ending made up for it of course.

Definitely season 4. The battle in castle black was insane. The music. The cinematography. Brilliant.

I didn't really care for Robb Stark so the red wedding didn't hold as much weight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Season 1 without a doubt. Just re-watched it recently. Came into it not familiar with the books, it blew me away. Films, let alone TV series rarely have an effect on me like that first season.
    I can still remember sitting perfectly still with my mouth open all through the end credits of the Ned Stark execution episode :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Definitely season 4, having a major death in episode 2 set the drama stakes sky high and this was maintained for the rest of the season...the season was full of so many great moments and of course having Tyrion the centre of it all for me cemented GOT as been the best show ever...even though the 2 best ever GOT episodes don't happen in season 4

Agricola wrote: »
    Season 1 without a doubt. Just re-watched it recently. Came into it not familiar with the books, it blew me away. Films, let alone TV series rarely have an effect on me like that first season.
    I can still remember sitting perfectly still with my mouth open all through the end credits of the Ned Stark execution episode :D

This.

This.

It had great storytelling and character building back then, without unnecessary violent shock scenes and filler like in the last Seasons.

This.

It had great storytelling and character building back then, without unnecessary violent shock scenes and filler like in the last Seasons.

Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 2 > Season 4 > Season 6 > Season 5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Have to go with Season 1.

It made me go and read all the books.

The best episode by far though was Hardhome followed by the Battle of the Bastards which was on a whole other level for TV Cinematography.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 fitbill

I do not think that any season is better than the other one. This Tv Series is one the best that I ever shaw in my life. The script writer is so clever that we are going for Season 7 now, and everybody is waiting for the new episode. Thats what happens every year, we all want to see what happens next.

Every SEASON for me is interesting .. and the point is that you never know what is going to happen .. for example your favorite character can be killed on the next episode .. hehe .. I got mad several times with the script writer .. I am a STARKS fan .. you know what I mean ..

Advertisement