Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Got the platinum Sunday evening. A certain combination of moves and powers just made every fight so easy to the point it nearly breaks the game.

Only killer bit for me was near the end when some additional enemies entered during a long fight I was nearing the end of, but a bug meant one of the new enemies stood on the same square as one of my characters and when it was my turn, I couldn't move to another square, but also couldn't stay on the square I was on so it wouldn't even let me skip the turn or use an item. Had to reset and start that chain of fights again. Didn't take long but it was in the last run of the game and was just annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

100%ed the game over the weekend, loved it.

Did not love getting Morgan Freeman down to about 100HP and the game freezing on me and having to do it all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Finished the majority of the game, I left the
    Yaoi
    one alone and
    missed one of the special time farts

I liked it but it was nowhere near as good as SoT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

From reading this thread I think I'll wait for the price to drop substantially.

I picked up TSOT dirt cheap a few years back in the Amazon Black Friday sales, it was the fancy edition that even came with a Cartman statue. Glad I did as I had a great time with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just finishing up TSOT at the moment, wasnt overly meticulous in trophy hunting to get the platinum but I did check the location of the chinpokemon and missed one in the UFO, i've not much left to finish the platinum so another, quicker play through with a different class/setup will be worth it.

At this rate, I wont get around to TFBW for another 2 or 3 weeks. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone playing on PC have trouble with last Monday's Nvidia drivers?
    I was getting graphical glitches, whites showing as green/purple.
    Rolling back to drivers the day of TFBW release seemed to fix it.
    Afraid to update the drivers now, but going into the last few fights, so I'll just hold off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Have put a couple of hours into this after finishing TSOT.

I HATE the combat system and cannot seem to get to grips with it.

Think I will leave it for a few months and go back into it as the combat in TSOT was very easy (maybe too much so) to get a handle on.

One thing that is really annoying me is the on screen text. I'm playing on a 50" HD t.v. and struggle to read things like what you are collecting, I'm not sitting that far from the telly either.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Same, I haven't gone back to it since the strip club boss fight, the car squares just end up being frustrating when I can't hit someone beside me. I've given up trying to read descriptions as well. I'll go back to it at some point but once I get through some other games first.

Have put a couple of hours into this after finishing TSOT.

I HATE the combat system and cannot seem to get to grips with it.

Think I will leave it for a few months and go back into it as the combat in TSOT was very easy (maybe too much so) to get a handle on.

One thing that is really annoying me is the on screen text. I'm playing on a 50" HD t.v. and struggle to read things like what you are collecting, I'm not sitting that far from the telly either.

Yeah a lot of the text is unreasonably small, and like you, 49" 4K tv that I'm not too far away from.

The combat system is definitely harder than the first game but does get easier when you get used to it and unlock some of the later powers and buddies. The best advice I can give is to select powers and buddies with a variety of hit directions (eg. some attacks may be weaker but can hit more enemies in a row or further away, and some buddies can hit people diagonally, or swap positions with enemies etc).

There are some combinations of powers that make the entire thing laughably easy, and one ability that may as well be called "Win every fight".

But on the whole and especially if you're not long after coming from TSOT, TFBW is definitely a step down in quality. I still enjoyed it and got to enjoy the combat too, but the game was disappointing in a lot of ways.

Finally finished it. This game is twice as long as it needs to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

for anyone wondering this game is on sale for the 12 days of Christmas, 35euro for the base version with comes with TSOT or 50 for the gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

finished it over the holidays. Enjoyable but the first one is better IMO. The ending is just a bit flat and crappy
    Morgan Freeman is also ridiculously easy to beat with Super Craig and Call Girl on your team.

finished it over the holidays. Enjoyable but the first one is better IMO. The ending is just a bit flat and crappy
    Morgan Freeman is also ridiculously easy to beat with Super Craig and Call Girl on your team.
    The Time Fart Clone and the ability to do two moves in one go (and miss the next turn) make the whole game so easy. It basically gives you four moves in one go, plus position the clone to take the hits so you don't lose HP.
    My second playthrough when trying to get the trophy for completing the game as a black character on the hardest difficulty was a doddle because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Anyone played From Dusk to Casa Bonita? Thought it was a good bit of fun, finished it in a couple of hours. Nice to see a classic character make an appearance

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Anyone played From Dusk to Casa Bonita? Thought it was a good bit of fun, finished it in a couple of hours. Nice to see a classic character make an appearance

Yeah finished it over the weekend. Some of the fights were pretty challenging alright, especially with lots of healing and revives by the vamps, plus lack of buddy choice. Enjoyable for the most part.

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah finished it over the weekend. Some of the fights were pretty challenging alright, especially with lots of healing and revives by the vamps, plus lack of buddy choice. Enjoyable for the most part.

I like enjoy the special objective

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I guess I have to install Uplay again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

If I buy the Gold Edition, do I get the Casa Bonita DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Vojera wrote: »
    If I buy the Gold Edition, do I get the Casa Bonita DLC?

Yes as the gold edition includes the Season Pass

Yes as the gold edition includes the Season Pass
    Cheers. I wasn't sure if it covered things that were still being released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Wonder when more DLC will emerge.

All Eyes On Rafah

Wonder when more DLC will emerge.

Bring The Crunch is out later this year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Bring The Crunch is out later this year

It shall be played!

All Eyes On Rafah

Finished the main game over the weekend and played Casa Bonita last night. I had great fun playing it, really enjoyed it. There are a few bits left to do (including
    beating Morgan Freeman and buying out my ninja contract
    ) but I'm looking forward to the next DLC.

It took me a while to settle into what powers/buddies really suited my playing style and I struggled a bit to begin with, but once I got the knack I was flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I struggled to get past the
    Shub-Niggurath
    fight, then gave up :P

I really want to go back and complete it :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I struggled to get past the
    Shub-Niggurath
    fight, then gave up :P

I really want to go back and complete it :D
    Struggled with that one alright. I found using Root Burst good for knocking enemies back to the target area (bonus +Bleeding is always good) and made sure I had a tonne of maximum revive serums and tacos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭steve_r

Finished this over the weekend.

It started really slowly and the town felt empty. Lots of looting empty buildings.

I don't think the combat system did the game justice. At the start the fights were too easy, with one or two a challenge, but if you were leveling up through the side quests then it became very easy. The timefart powers as well made things waaay too easy.

For the artifacts, I just went with the highest figures all of the time - not sure if it ever made any real difference.

I only ever changed my team when I didn't like getting a character by default - I wish they had made it that you had to figure out a certain team combo or something.

The story and the humour definitely pick up as the story progress so no complaints on that front.

I could live without crafting/cat's/ headshots but they are skippable in fairness.

I'd say I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed TSOT, however without the South Park connection I don't think these games on their own would grab me.

steve_r wrote: »
    For the artifacts, I just went with the highest figures all of the time - not sure if it ever made any real difference.

Some artifacts have secondary bonuses, like allowing you to move an extra step or bonus health boosts etc, which in fairness some of them did come in handy. Mostly though yeah they're just to raise your overall stats as the game progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭steve_r

I think it was that there was so many of them, and so many slots (I don't play RPG's). No doubt I got the benefit of the artifacts, even if I didn't realize it at the time!

• Advertisement

'Bring the crunch' dlc is finally out

Advertisement