Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,597 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

RedXIV wrote: »
    Finally ordering off that site has paid off! :D

Just went to try it and instead of add to cart, there's a waiting button where you can email them and they will let you know when it's available again. Good luck man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

No idea where to order this to get it on the 10th. Can't get it from Square direct on their EU site any more.

Trying simplygames, shopto, shop4ie, basecompshop on eBay to see if they can deliver for release here as Square are shipping it early

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'd say people are going to spoil the ****e out of this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,421 ✭✭✭RedXIV

endainoz wrote: »
    I'd say people are going to spoil the ****e out of this now.

I'll let ye know if I get it, but will keep schtum on pretty much everything else unless someone is looking for a "can you tell me X so I know to buy it or not" sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Hard to spoil much in a remake of a 20+ year old game, I doubt there'll be many surprises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

I caved on RE3 and just bought it from the PS store but I really want the physical copy of this one :(

I'll let ye know if I get it, but will keep schtum on pretty much everything else unless someone is looking for a "can you tell me X so I know to buy it or not" sort of thing

I'd love to hear a rough playthrough time. I see some people say 2-3 hours because it's midgar and just part 1 which is complete bollox (i hope).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,421 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'd love to hear a rough playthrough time. I see some people say 2-3 hours because it's midgar and just part 1 which is complete bollox (i hope).

Gonna warn you now, my wife MIGHT give me a day to enjoy this but after that I may get an hour or two in the evenings and thats it :D I'll be playing this till september even if it's 15 hours long anyway

Took me over a year to beat FFXV :D

Gonna warn you now, my wife MIGHT give me a day to enjoy this but after that I may get an hour or two in the evenings and thats it :D I'll be playing this till september even if it's 15 hours long anyway

Took me over a year to beat FFXV :D

Sleep is for the weak :)

sleep-is-for-the-weak-gif-7.gif

Zero-Cool wrote: »

It has to be at least 20 hours to warrant the price surely. I did see someone say 30 - 40 but can't recall where that was.

In any event you'll hopefully be able to still play in the open world while waiting for the next chapter. Grinding out those levels...

• Advertisement

It has to be at least 20 hours to warrant the price surely. I did see someone say 30 - 40 but can't recall where that was.

In any event you'll hopefully be able to still play in the open world while waiting for the next chapter. Grinding out those levels...

I'd be happy with 20. Anything over that in Midgar alone might be over padded. Trophy list should be up soon anyway to give some kind of an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Who'd have thunk the most active thread on my followed threads is a 25 year old game?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I pre-ordered on Ps4, gonna have to wait for release date

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Vicxas wrote: »
    I pre-ordered on Ps4, gonna have to wait for release date

So did I, I'm half tempted to order it on Amazon now though and hope it ships early.

I probably won't since that would be stupid, but I'm tempted :pac:

So did I, I'm half tempted to order it on Amazon now though and hope it ships early.

I probably won't since that would be stupid, but I'm tempted :pac:

I ordered on Amazon today

Hoping it ships early now on the basis of the news too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got an order update from Amazon and got excited, turns out it is now saying it will be the 11th of April so its actually a days delay.

Xenji wrote: »
    Got an order update from Amazon and got excited, turns out it is now saying it will be the 11th of April so a day later than originally.

****, time to cancel :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Hard to spoil much in a remake of a 20+ year old game, I doubt there'll be many surprises.

Should be quite a few. Midgar is expanded from 8-10 hours to 30+ hours. It's going to be a lot bigger with lot's of new story elements, characters and locations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

BloodBath wrote: »
    Should be quite a few. Midgar is expanded from 8-10 hours to 30+ hours. It's going to be a lot bigger with lot's of new story elements, characters and locations.

For sure, its been completely remade seemingly. Summons and all are available in Midgar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,990 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Y'all should be playing the much better Persona 5 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Hell no.

Xenji wrote: »
    Got an order update from Amazon and got excited, turns out it is now saying it will be the 11th of April so its actually a days delay.

Well at least its not going to be the 21st April with Amazon as thought

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Why not both? That's my plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

I ordered the first class edition from SE website, got an email on Thursday saying it was shipped and on the way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

lordlame wrote: »
    got an email on Thursday saying it was shipped and on the way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,990 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Why not both? That's my plan!

See you sometime next year mate.

GameStop have announced they are not fulfilling recent online or and pre orders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

See you sometime next year mate.

My work is shut. I live alone. I’ll probably be done with then in a month!

Advertisement