Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ive dreamed of this game (my first real introduction to gaming as a kid) but my god are square are going to F*** this up, episodic.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man the Theme looks worth the asking price as it is, the music and sound effects...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Xenji wrote: »
    RedXIV wrote: »
    OK so there are 2 available on the PSN store. One that is compatible with the PS3, PSP and PSVita. This is a direct copy of the PAL (50Hz European) version of the game you could have bought in shops in 1998.

There is another one that is ONLY compatible with the PS4 and it is identical to the recently remastered version that came out on PC recently. There was a version on PC years and years ago, but this new one has cleaner models, uses 60Hz in stead of 50Hz (resulting in gameplay about 16% faster which is noticeable) and has things like the speed boost, character boost and the trophies. None of the last three there are in the PS3/PSP/PSVita version.

Dear lord... why doesn't just purchasing the latest one give you access to all the other versions? I mean at least within Playstation's own eco system. I bought System Shock Enhanced Edition and got the original dropped into my account with it. Same happens with Pathologic (although I already had the original and got a discount on the newer version). Same with Homeworld Remastered. And AFAIK Skullgirls gives you the VITA/PS4 version if you buy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Dear lord... why doesn't just purchasing the latest one give you access to all the other versions? I mean at least within Playstation's own eco system. I bought System Shock Enhanced Edition and got the original dropped into my account with it. Same happens with Pathologic (although I already had the original and got a discount on the newer version). Same with Homeworld Remastered. And AFAIK Skullgirls gives you the VITA/PS4 version if you buy either.

To be fair, the PS3 version worked on the PSP and PSVita without issue. But this version has been built specifically for PS4. It's not the same code.

And lets be honest, Squeenix know FF7 will sell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Man the Theme looks worth the asking price as it is, the music and sound effects...

Listened to 10 seconds of that theme and it's already affecting me :'( I still have the ps one version for my ps3, is this version worth buying?

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Listened to 10 seconds of that theme and it's already affecting me :'( I still have the ps one version for my ps3, is this version worth buying?

I bought it because:
    I've hit that point in life where I've more money than time for games,
    I like the theme a lot!,
    I spend most of my console gaming time on the ps4 and I like to have it there if I'm too lazy to switch,
    Im a sucker for anything FF7

These are not good reasons but they are my own :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd almost buy the game just for the theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd almost buy the game just for the theme.

I'd be bawling all the time....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pulled the trigger and bought the PS4 version. The theme is.......glorious :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

omg this theme.... music.... menu sounds like in ff7.... right in to feels. :(

I need to find my Ps vita. I had ff7 on it, I staryed playing it again good few months ago.

• Advertisement

Any one tried the remote play for the PS4 Version of FF7? wondering if you can still use the 3X speed boost on the vita

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RedXIV wrote: »
    Any one tried the remote play for the PS4 Version of FF7? wondering if you can still use the 3X speed boost on the vita

It's a video stream to the vita, it isn't running it, so it'll work as it does on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I can play the OST version on piano, this piano collections version though....will take me longer :P

It's good that they're sticking with orchestral style instead of that metal $hite.

Although, I'm sure plenty of that will somehow make it through...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ThePaddygamer

It's on Xbox one as well!
    YEEEES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

It's on Xbox one as well!
    YEEEES

The remake? I know they said coming to PS4 first but I always took that as PS4 and then PC since there is no mention of xbox anywhere and no xbox logos on pages where there are sony logos.

Was there new news?

Also, the theme is very nice. I am currently using it. However I do not like the wispy icons. They are very hard to see against the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Yeah i believe it's just PS4 and PC

Playing through FF7 again - I just made it to Fort Condor but it's been so long I can't remember.
    Can I skip this and return to do the strategy mini game later?

I gave the dude 4000 gil but I still can't start the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Playing through FF7 again - I just made it to Fort Condor but it's been so long I can't remember.
    Can I skip this and return to do the strategy mini game later?

I gave the dude 4000 gil but I still can't start the fight.
    Yeah. You can come back to do it a few times up until the large materia quest.

Evade wrote: »
    Yeah. You can come back to do it a few times up until the large materia quest.

When is that? I remember leaving it till for ages then going back and killing the boss at the top of the mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    When is that? I remember leaving it till for ages then going back and killing the boss at the top of the mountain.
    It's in the middle of disc two.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    It's in the middle of disc two.

Cheers, il go back later when I'm a higher level.

FF7 on PS4, been so long since I played it. Story / game-play and mini quests is still phenomenal to this day.

Such an early Xmas gift :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Is the recently released PS4 version €15.99?? I thought it was €10.99 last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It was reduced the first week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Is the recently released PS4 version €15.99?? I thought it was €10.99 last week?

It was cheaper at launch, don't know if its gone back up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Aw I see. Damn, I didn't realise it'd be going up in price, I would have bought it at €10.99, but 16 quid is too much, the PS3 version I have already will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ThePaddygamer

The remake? I know they said coming to PS4 first but I always took that as PS4 and then PC since there is no mention of xbox anywhere and no xbox logos on pages where there are sony logos.

Was there new news?

Also, the theme is very nice. I am currently using it. However I do not like the wispy icons. They are very hard to see against the background.

It has been confirmed by square and on gamestop websites, you are able to pre-order an Xbox version as well!

It has been confirmed by square and on gamestop websites, you are able to pre-order an Xbox version as well!

I can't find any information of it being confirmed by Square but I do see it on gamestop. We will have to wait and see I guess. I do know it will at least be coming out first on PS4 before any other platform though.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Completed FF7 and FF8 again over the last few months. FF8 ages a lot better both storywise & gameplay for me....

Looking forward to the FF7 remake anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Why would ya replay 7 with the remake so near??

• Advertisement

Why would ya replay 7 with the remake so near??

Who says it is near?

Also because nostalgia, many people will prefer the original over the remake.

Advertisement