Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80 staff from cleary to be made redundant

Options
  • 12-06-2015 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

80 staff in clearys are to be made redundant following appointment of liquidators.

I can't say I'm surprised, anytime I'm in their its empty.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

anytime I'm in their its empty.

Paradox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

What did they actually sell ? used to be a complete rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Texting my mother right now about the possibility of a closing-down sale. I recommend this text be sent to all women in their 60s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Your figures are wrong according to RTE

130 staff directly employed by Clearys are to lose there jobs along with 330 people employed indirectly (basically the shops inside the shops)

So 460 people out of a job in Dublin City Centre, one of the busiest streets in Ireland I would imagine!

What the hell is going on, something odd anyway.

Wonder what they will do with it. Apartments maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Over priced crap, stuck up sales staff who were always too busy to bother helping. One or two wonderful people but change or die. Thats capitalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

It's all about the vulture capitalists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Michael Guineys will be having some bargains next month lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

The new owners probably have very different ideas of what kind of store Clearys should be. It looks like they're taking a clean sweep approach and starting from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I preferred their earlier stuff, they became too mainstream imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

TallGlass wrote: »
    Your figures are wrong according to RTE

130 staff directly employed by Clearys are to lose there jobs along with 330 people employed indirectly (basically the shops inside the shops)

So 460 people out of a job in Dublin City Centre, one of the busiest streets in Ireland I would imagine!

What the hell is going on, something odd anyway.

Wonder what they will do with it. Apartments maybe?

Ever been in there ? Street maybe busy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

It's an old people's store - other demographics with disposable income don't go in there.

I'm assuming anyway.

Also, suburban shopping centres (handier with parking) and online shopping are likely factors that affect city centre retailers.

And people on the southside probably aren't gonna bother going over O'Connell Bridge to do shopping I guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Don't worry FG will have them on jobslave or zero hour contracts in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭LadyFenghuang

It's actually 130 staff in clery's to be made redundant not 80. They say the recession is over? Ha....

The high court appointed liquidators and they made the decision. Very sad for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057445817
    Dublin City forum actually has a thread on this already. It's related to Dublin City and not Ireland in general so you can go there to discuss it.
    Also read their charter before posting: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056816998

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement