Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Last Post On Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Originally Posted by Eve_Dublin
    All dead. Yet still alive. In endless time. In endless art.

Incredible and mesmerising. I'll never forget that post. It'll haunt me forever. Goodnight sweet prince(ss).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Incredible and mesmerising. I'll never forget that post. It'll haunt me forever. Goodnight sweet prince(ss).

Self praise and all that.......

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

UCDVet wrote: »
    A lot of people leave sites like boards.ie for whatever reason. Either by closing their account or just never posting again. What's the best 'last post' you've seen?

Or do you think 'last posts' are childish?

Let's discuss.
    Oddly OP closed their account after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

biko wrote: »
    Oddly OP closed their account after this.

Thats why I gave the slow clap as the 1st reply. :)

I always wondered was he a vet in UCD or a a veteran of UCD:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

He went out in a blaze of glory.....the way we'd all like to do it! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

I'm on Boards nearly 10 years - closed a few accounts. Reasons included: being sick of my first account and just wanting a new one (this was shortly after the "Close account" button being brought in), people I knew figuring out it was me - one spotting me log in (my brother :pac:), being sick of/pissed off with Boards (but always coming back after a few weeks), someone sending me quite intimidating PMs, being busy and Boards being a distraction...

Stuff that I'd have to just suck up if there wasn't a "Close account" button tbh.

Finally I came to the realisation that I enjoy Boards - you just need to avoid the stuff that gets your goat; Boards is too big to try and battle it. So with this account I'm here to stay. I completely understand how people would view it as flaky to keep closing accounts though.

took you 10 years to realise you like boards geez :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

took you 10 years to realise you like boards geez :rolleyes:
    I'm a fickle kunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

what makes a good last post? Is it when all the rules are thrown out the window because they know they're going (in the case of closed accounts)? like an downtrodden employee on their last day sticking it to the boss?

I always find people posting to say goodbye a little bit vain and attention seeking. Nobody really cares if you leave, especially because 99% of the time, they come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

To be fair to the OP he did start a great thread a few years back, even if I'm 99% sure he was trolling.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056777038

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I wonder did he ever rereg?

They all rereg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

someone made a thread a while ago called ''RIP boards/after hours 1999-2015'' or something like that which was swiftly deleted and the poster presumably banned. can anyone remember what was said in that? it was basically an embittered attack on the site and had an angry tone to it from what I recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Has to be this one
    bitemeluis wrote: »
    Fcuk this crap, I'm sick of this bloody site - I'm outta here and I'm not coming back

:)

Ok its more of a great comeback than a great leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Has to be this one

Reregs. :rolleyes:

Reregs. :rolleyes:

well I did pay a fiver once to change me name, never again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Even the automated notification thanked his post, it must have been good.

I had a good peek round the Prison forum a couple of days ago. Reading the begging letters really is endless entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

kfallon wrote: »
    He went out in a blaze of glory.....the way we'd all like to do it! :p
    He was natural Poh-lees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Ok its more of a great comeback than a great leave

Greatest comeback of all time?

An elephant's foreskin
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Bainzzz wrote: »
    this one

The thread is for best last posts not most tedious nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

To be fair to the OP he did start a great thread a few years back, even if I'm 99% sure he was trolling.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056777038

Just read through all of that. 99% sure as well, but it was pretty entertaining to see the reactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭LadyFenghuang

not this one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I remember a Canadian girl called Liah saying goodbye and she really did leave the site. I think she felt a few people always had it in for her, whether they did or not I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

ROAAAR wrote: »
    I remember a Canadian girl called Liah saying goodbye and she really did leave the site. I think she felt a few people always had it in for her, whether they did or not I'm not sure.

Jesus, there's a blast from the past. Ah certain people did have it in for her for some reason to be honest. She had a link to her Formspring (is that still around?), a social network thing where people get to say anything they want to you anonymously (awesome idea...) in her signature, took a look once, two thirds of the posts were people that were obviously from boards being very personal and confrontational and insulting. More fool her for being party to it by linking the thing in her sig I guess. But still, it was pretty apparent certain people had a serious bone to grind with her. Internet is serious business.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

OneOfThem wrote: »
    Jesus, there's a blast from the past. Ah certain people did have it in for her for some reason to be honest. She had a link to her Formspring (is that still around?), a social network thing where people get to say anything they want to you anonymously (awesome idea...) in her signature, took a look once, two thirds of the posts were people that were obviously from boards being very personal and confrontational and insulting. More fool her for being party to it by linking the thing in her sig I guess. But still, it was pretty apparent certain people had a serious bone to grind with her. Internet is serious business.

Formspring, Jesus another blast from the past. Wasn't there a couple of suicide cases relating to those sort of websites. I imagine people felt like she took things to heart and got joy out of saying nasty stuff to her. Sick ****s tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

not this one :P

She came, she posted, she left.

Menas wrote: »

She averaged nearly 100 posts a day, now that is impressive. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Version 5 or 6 or whatever will be along shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Menas wrote: »

"She" , was a male- just sayin:p

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Re-reg: It's like in secondary school or college when kids try to reinvent themselves with a new image

Advertisement