Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ever find something nasty in food??

Options
  • 07-06-2015 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

title says it all. i was happily eating some pistachio nuts when i opened one and it crumbled apart and i look down to find this. :eek:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

title says it all. i was happily eating some pistachio nuts when i opened one and it crumbled apart and i look down to find this. :eek:

Pictures for evidence and email the company demanding compensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

I found a toe nail in a slice of bread once and an olive in a salad.

The olive disgusted me more, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I was going to tell about the big dirty long blonde hair I got in my sausage and egg mcmuffen but when I seen your pic mine isn't worth mentioning.
    I once got a fly in a bag on rancheros once

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Found a pube in a salad in a restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Found a pube in a salad in a restaurant.

Ewwwwwww

Salad.. yuck.

• Advertisement

I found a pubic hair in my ginger nut biscuits and all I got was a lousy 20 euro voucher after intense trauma and disgust has permeated my entire being.

Was just settling down to an evening of beer and pistachios.

Pistachios gone in bin!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

At least it's a full worm and not half of one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Smell of petrol and melted plastic on soda bread very sick after eating it, didn't notice it due to garlic butter spread I was eating at the time. Going on now for the last month, won't mention the name of the supermarket. Hoping for a reasonable solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Half a worm in an apple...genuinely.

On two occasions found an Earwig as part of a Wheetabix.
    Don't eat them anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Found a kind of an spidery ant thing in my salad in a restaurant in Cork.
    I was almost finished when I spotted it.
    I did mention to the waitress but it didn't really bother me.
    It probably would have if I had just started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Found pieces of plastic in the work canteen stew once. They gave me a rake of vouchers to keep it hush.
    I am like a poor mans John Delaney!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Lump of salt the size of a golf ball in a packet of crisps a few years ago. A few boxes of crisps delivered as compensation. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

if i was to complain i would probably get more pistachios.. which i hardly want now..

if i was to complain i would probably get more pistachios.. which i hardly want now..

But if they are a snack company you might get other snack stuff instead. It's worth following it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

im pretty sure they only do nuts.. the OH is going to bring it back so it will be interesting to see what happens..
    gonna take more than pistachios to worm there way back into my good books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Copper wire in popular brand pasta sauce
    Bit of gravel in supermarket brand stoneground bread which chipped my tooth
    Dead mosquito in chinese restaurant meal
    Tiny pieces of gravel in quinoa from various sources

im pretty sure they only do nuts.. the OH is going to bring it back so it will be interesting to see what happens..
    gonna take more than pistachios to worm there way back into my good books.

They can't check every nut in fairness. Like fruit you check it before eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Cooked a head of broccoli and as I put it on the plate it fell apart to reveal several slugs nestled inside, their bodies white from the boiling they had just received.
    It was a year before I could bear the sight of broccoli again.

On the plus side I can confirm that Tesco organic broccoli is indeed organic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Tiny pieces of gravel in quinoa from various sources

How could you tell?

• Advertisement

I was served a Caesar Salad complete with slug. He'd horns and everything. They tried to insinuate that I'd put him in there myself so I just put the health inspector onto them and complained to the management. Didn't even get a voucher, not that I'd have gone back. It was in Oxford and the place has since closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

^^Extra protein! :D

Found a beatle in some pasta sauce once.

Considered eating him, but lost my nerve in the end. (was such a whimp back then!) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Forgotten password 99

I bought a pizza in a local chippy and i would say there was more hair on it compared to pepperoni :( .It was the last time I went there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Got a piece of glass in a spring roll from the local chinese.
    Outside Ireland I got some dodgy stuff, a pastie with a nest of flys living in it was probably the worst. Mate noticed his ketchup was moving slightly (dish of ketchup on the table) and it was infested with some sort of maggots/grubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Got a caterpillar (live !) in a salad once ! Got a voucher and the meal for free, so it wasn't a bad deal. If you had a jar of caterpillars you could eat for free the rest of your life !.

There was the time I found a horse in my lasagne. Neigh way was I going to eat it.

Food poisoning from a tin of Mackeral Fillets a few weeks ago.
    Closest I've come to death,four or five days to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Had a live Caterpillar too in a salad, he was cute and got me a free sandwich, they said "At Least you know the salad is fresh", seen metal shavings in rice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Candie wrote: »
    I was served a Caesar Salad complete with slug. He'd horns and everything

Maybe the slugs name was Caesar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I was served bloody chicken in a restaurant while on holiday when I was 12 and also in a fast food place when I was older.
    I ate it when I was in the restaurant. Knew it was a bad idea but didn't want to cause a fuss. (I was accompanied by someone prone to overreaction.)
    I was very very sick. The notion of dying started to seem more attractive than further puking.

Advertisement