Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail Annual Report 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

The year in review would include the Transport Study, I mean they did explicitly mention the Combined Rail proposal for LR3 + HR1 which had not been publicly discussed before the study was published. Of the heavy rail schemes taken forward to the Dept. for further investigation, HR8 was not even mentioned in the annual report.

Did Irish Rail produce the study, no......it would be included with the NTA.

Why bring something up which has not being given the green light?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Did Irish Rail produce the study, no......it would be included with the NTA.

Why bring something up which has not being given the green light?
    Irish Rail brought up one scheme that hasn't been given the green light... I don't see the issue in remarking that they didn't pay any heed to the other scheme in the report. Both the combined scheme and HR8 hadn't been seen in govt consultations or reports* before but Irish Rail only mentioned the link to the Northern line.

Irish Rail themselves brought up one scheme in their repor which hasn't been given the green light. Not the other scheme - one I think would be of huge benefit to Irish Rail.

Advertisement