Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My first cycle tour of Ireland

• 02-06-2015 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi folks.

I'm planning a solo tour of Ireland early July and would like a little help as where to go..

I'm getting the ferry into Belfast then getting the train or bus to somewhere in the South, possibly Cork.

I then plan to cycle for 7 days before getting public transport back to Belfast for the ferry.

I will have my tent with me but will probably stay in a BB at some point. I can cover 50- 80 miles a day no problem.

Is wild Camping allowed in Ireland and will I have to pre book BB?

I would be very grateful if someone could help me start my planning and give me advice on what places and roads I should use /avoid..

I much prefer cycling on quiet roads but good trails I can manage. I will be on a touring bike with 28 tyres.

And of course good pubs and cafes are essential ;-)

Many thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

Hi folks.

I'm planning a solo tour of Ireland early July and would like a little help as where to go..

I'm getting the ferry into Belfast then getting the train or bus to somewhere in the South, possibly Cork.

I then plan to cycle for 7 days before getting public transport back to Belfast for the ferry.

I will have my tent with me but will probably stay in a BB at some point. I can cover 50- 80 miles a day no problem.

Is wild Camping allowed in Ireland and will I have to pre book BB?

I would be very grateful if someone could help me start my planning and give me advice on what places and roads I should use /avoid..

I much prefer cycling on quiet roads but good trails I can manage. I will be on a touring bike with 28 tyres.

And of course good pubs and cafes are essential ;-)

Many thanks for any advice
    cork and kerry are beautiful and have hills. wild camping is not legal but can often be negotiated or done discretely. there are many back roads . some peole follow the coast - wild atlantic way . pretty . the burren in clare is great cycling country. tip at the B& B eat the huge breakfast- cereal , bacon eggs toast etc. it should have enough calories to take you til night
    njoy and good luck .

Advertisement