Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need help!

Options
  • 01-06-2015 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey I'm in the gym and I just can't find anything working for me. I want too loose weight and I was wondering could somebody give me a programme to use in gym and some kind of diet thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

First of all, what's your existing diet like, in as muc b detail as you can?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Db42798

First of all, what's your existing diet like, in as muc b detail as you can?

It's okay I would eat three meals a day breakfast lunch dinner then maybe a snack that evening. For breakfast I'd have porridge then lunch I'd have a sald or something like that and dinner can varie but it's homemade and doesn't be too mad. Then I find it hard to stick at these diets and end up eating some junk food or something like that

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Db42798 wrote: »
    It's okay I would eat three meals a day breakfast lunch dinner then maybe a snack that evening. For breakfast I'd have porridge then lunch I'd have a sald or something like that and dinner can varie but it's homemade and doesn't be too mad. Then I find it hard to stick at these diets and end up eating some junk food or something like that

PuT in more detail e.g. for breakfast I have porridge with full fat milk and bberries

And include any snacks, what you drink e.g tea coffee, soft drinks, alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Windorah

Then I find it hard to stick at these diets and end up eating some junk food or something like that

I find if I'm too restrictive with my diet I just end up going mad and raiding junk food aisle of Tesco! Have u tried tracking ur calories with something like my fitness pal?

As regards exercise, just find something u enjoy and will stick at. Most gyms have a good range of classes to suit everyone so maybe have a look at ur local gym.

Stheno wrote: »
    PuT in more detail e.g. for breakfast I have porridge with full fat milk and bberries

And include any snacks, what you drink e.g tea coffee, soft drinks, alcohol

Well I would eat porridge with skimmed milk and on its own, I would eat snacks like egg beans , tuna stuff like that nothing to bad and then I'd drink water some fizzy drinks and alcohol only some times, I also drink green tea. I just find it hard to stick to these diets

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Well I would eat porridge with skimmed milk and on its own, I would eat snacks like egg beans , tuna stuff like that nothing to bad and then I'd drink water some fizzy drinks and alcohol only some times, I also drink green tea. I just find it hard to stick to these diets

Ok. One more time list what a typical days food would be. Start with breakfast, snacks before lunch, lunch, snacks between lunch and dinner, dinner, and snacks after dinner

Detail it properly, eggs doesn't mean anything, 2eggs puts more perspective on it same with salad, what type of salad? Same with homemade dinner what sort of dinner?

Ok. One more time list what a typical days food would be. Start with breakfast, snacks before lunch, lunch, snacks between lunch and dinner, dinner, and snacks after dinner

Detail it properly, eggs doesn't mean anything, 2eggs puts more perspective on it same with salad, what type of salad? Same with homemade dinner what sort of dinner?

I will give you a typical day of food I would have. Starting off with breakfast I would have plain porridge with semi skimmed milk and that would do me until lunch. For lunch if then have a salad with 2 eggs lettuce tomatoes small bit pesto onions that's it. That would do me till dinner where I would have say chicken breast cooked in oven with vegetables such as corn on the cob and carrots and then Id have maybe a snack after which could be tuna and sweet corn mixed together in bowl. I would drink maybe cup green tea , water , and some fizzy drinks. I would also maybe eat fruit between meals like bananas and oranges. I have tracked a days coa lories intake before on my fitness pal and 1300 calories after a full day. On this day I had porridge with Sen skinned milk green tea banana , lunch I head a omelet with 2 eggs ham tomatoe cooked on fat free oil then sirloin stake for dinner with mushy peas and for snacks I had hand ful of raisins and fruit 1 orange and apple

I will give you a typical day of food I would have. Starting off with breakfast I would have plain porridge with semi skimmed milk and that would do me until lunch. For lunch if then have a salad with 2 eggs lettuce tomatoes small bit pesto onions that's it. That would do me till dinner where I would have say chicken breast cooked in oven with vegetables such as corn on the cob and carrots and then Id have maybe a snack after which could be tuna and sweet corn mixed together in bowl. I would drink maybe cup green tea , water , and some fizzy drinks. I would also maybe eat fruit between meals like bananas and oranges. I have tracked a days coa lories intake before on my fitness pal and 1300 calories after a full day. On this day I had porridge with Sen skinned milk green tea banana , lunch I head a omelet with 2 eggs ham tomatoe cooked on fat free oil then sirloin stake for dinner with mushy peas and for snacks I had hand ful of raisins and fruit 1 orange and apple

What height and weight are you? 1300 calories tis low enough

What height and weight are you?

I am around 5 foot 9 and around 90 kg

What height and weight are you? 1300 calories tis low enough

This is onLY a diet I have been starting but I tend to loose motivation and snack on chocolate etc

• Advertisement

I am around 5 foot 9 and around 90 kg

Are you male or female? You need to work out how much you should be eating calories wise first and then reduce that sensibily to lose weight

Go into the nutrition forum and read the stickies they will tell you how to do this I'm on mobile and can't link

Are you male or female? You need to work out how much you should be eating calories wise first and then reduce that sensibily to lose weight

Go into the nutrition forum and read the stickies they will tell you how to do this I'm on mobile and can't link

I am male

I am male

Ok well first step read those stickies and figure out your normal requirements for a day

The thread is called nutrition 101 the main post to read is by g'em on the first page about calculating your daily requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ok well first step read those stickies and figure out your normal requirements for a day

The thread is called nutrition 101 the main post to read is by g'em on the first page about calculating your daily requirements
    It's probably best to just use an online calculator, as the formula in the sticky has a few errors in it.

It's that's how you eat then there's no way you can't lose weight.
    So either you don't stick to it, or you haven't given it more than a week or two.

1300 calories is underrating for a 90kg male. It's not sustainable, and most likely you'll cave fast. At a guess I'd say that is what is happening, you cave in after a day or two and revert to junk.

At 90kg, if you are inactive, you'll burn around 2400 per day. And more if your were exercising. You target calorie should be a much more moderate deficit.

• For the nest two week track all your food (use MFP)
    • Eat 1800 calories per day,
    • Split this into 40% Protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fat (MFP can track this too)
    • Which works out as: 200g Protein, 150g Carbs, 67g Fat
    • Try to get this as much as possible from real food

You don't have to avoid absolutely all chocolate, snacks, treats, etc. You just have to allow for it. There's no point eating your daily calories over 3 square meals, you crack and grab a mars bar at 9pm anyway. Instead, eat smaller meals and plan your calories to include a piece of chocolate.

Now, what about exercise? Are you active at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

1300cals per day is massively undereating - learn more about nutrition and that doesnt mean just try to cut out all major carb sources.

Mellor has done all the hard work for you above

Re the gym - most guys are simply following the "I'll do what that fella is doing program" i.e. they watch what others do and copy them. Use a proper program, get stronger (if you cant do pull ups, squat and deadlift your own body weight etc then you're not strong enough yet to worry about a super specific program), work on your mobility and do some conditioning.

Plus you're not on a DIET you're simply eating right most of the time

Advertisement