Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Type of Person Are You?

Options
  • 29-05-2015 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Do you like being that way? Does it bring success and happiness?

Have you changed from one type to the other at some point in the course of your life?

Do you wish you could be more like someone else who is the opposite personality type to you?

For me I've gradually become more of a planner... Although I know when to rip a plan up and just go with the randomness of life.

But planning certainly gives me a feeling of having more control over my life. (Even if that might be a bit of an illusion at times) :)

What Type of Person Are You? 81 votes

Planner (very organised, lots of routines)
    0% 0 votes
    Impulsive (disorganised, minimal routines)
    29% 24 votes
    Mixture of Both.
    18% 15 votes
    Neither / Other.
    51% 42 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Queue a discussion about mindfullness?

Do you like being that way? Does it bring success and happiness?

Yes, yes and yes.
    Have you changed from one type to the other at some point in the course of your life?

Very very much so yes.
    Do you wish you could be more like someone else who is the opposite personality type to you?

No - not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'm a bollix. Yes. Yes. No. No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

I'm walking chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Everlong1

I'm a planner and happy with it most of the time. I can be a touch OCD which I could do without but rather that than be some shambling idiot lurching from one disaster to another. Can't understand how anyone could live like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'll answer that later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Planner, over organised if anything. Also a bit of a dick head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Somewhat reckless in my approach to life, but also a deep thinker if that makes any sense.Stangers often perceive me as a 'shady character' but that's due to my appearance,accent and the company i keep.People who know me have no such misconceptions.I'm extremely dapper,my yearly clothes spend is likely on par with Gussy Bismarck's.Im also modest,very modest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Where the option for 'Stick yer poll up yer Jaxie' ?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Introverted Vagabond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I'm a bit of both, impulsive on a day-to-day basis, but a planner in the long run.

I've had my hospital bag packed and everything bought for the baby since I was about 20 weeks, now I'm getting really impatient'!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Disorganised as fúck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Obsessive, compulsive reactionary with no sense, rhyme or reason.

A disaster waiting to happen :eek: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I can tell you I don't have money.
    But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I'm hugely organised. I plan my day meticulously, especially when it comes to work. Even though I don't work in a particularly time sensitive area of High Finance I still want to have order and structure. It's why I've been known to rant about our IT department, who seem to operate in some sort of dream world where time and outages don't seem to matter.

I apply the STAR principal to my work: Situation, Task, Action, Result. I also operate a system called Inbox Zero - delete, action, delegate.

I'm much more relaxed out of work. I'm happy to put the phone aside and enjoy a beer with colleagues after work. I'm able to separate the organised and driven Work Aongus from the chilled and spontaneous Home Aongus.

I'm very organised but can be spontaneous enough. In an organised kind of way. :) It's served me well so far.

I'm comfortable with the way I am and can't imagine and don't want to be any other way. I think everyone changes as they age and grow, but I think your fundamental way of being stays fairly constant, though not static.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Organised and punctual, others say I'm a bit of a messer and never take things too seriously, in other words I'm a tit :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

uch wrote: »
    Where the option for 'Stick yer poll up yer Jaxie' ?

I'll make one esp for grumpy glaswegians tomorrow! :D

I HATE being disorganised. I like things just so. I like things laid out neatly and I like things in their place.

And yet, I'm a disorganised impulsive mess.

Ah well.

Life is fun sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

cloud493 wrote: »
    Planner, over organised if anything. Also a bit of a dick head.

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I have terrible handwriting and very unorganised. I am a compulsive reader and there's books all over my room. Also single and a virgin. A typical synonym for me would be a loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Whisky Mac wrote: »
    Queue a discussion about mindfullness?

Oh yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Somewhat reckless in my approach to life, but also a deep thinker if that makes any sense.Stangers often perceive me as a 'shady character' but that's due to my appearance,accent and the company i keep.People who know me have no such misconceptions.I'm extremely dapper,my yearly clothes spend is likely on par with Gussy Bismarck's.Im also modest,very modest.

Apt Avatar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I'm impulsively organised, scattered about tidyness and all my cup handles must point in the same direction.
    I write lists for shopping for shopping from the menu list for the week, but I'll forget something.
    You get forgiven once.
    But I'll still love you
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Apt Avatar

She needs premium dude,PREMIUM.... duuuuuuude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

I have terrible handwriting and very unorganised. I am a compulsive reader and there's books all over my room. Also single and a virgin. A typical synonym for me would be a loser.

I wonder about the handwriting thing... some people say you can tell personality type by someone's handwriting. Clean up your handwriting and you might get laid...? lol

Mine seems to change a lot. My signature never looks the same... Split personality? (probably a different discussion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I'm like The A Team in that I love it when a plan comes together. But sometimes the plan gets messed up and that's ok too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

It depends on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

There are only 2 types of people; those will will answer this poll, and those who won't

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty fast

I'm a very nice person.

Advertisement