Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i'm no fool and will not pay for water again because the man says i have to

Options
  • 27-05-2015 10:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

It seems we can start threads regarding the Irish Water farce in after-hours now:)

People saving about happily registering to pay whatever it costs to get the €100 back, once, totally ignoring the fact there's a temporary cap in place to get the lemmings to register and when the cap is gone the bills will keep on rising until the future well off shareholders of our water supply are even more well off.

Apparently people should pay now too because there was a tiny income tax cut, it covers the water bill at least 2, if not 3 times over, but only in its current form, as if the state "giving" you something in one hand and taking it away with the other is something to be happy about

Savage value really, why am I even complaining

Comments

It seems we can start threads regarding the Irish Water farce in after-hours now:)

People saving about happily registering to pay whatever it costs to get the €100 back, once, totally ignoring the fact there's a temporary cap in place to get the lemmings to register and when the cap is gone the bills will keep on rising until the future well off shareholders of our water supply are even more well off.

Apparently people should pay now too because there was a tiny income tax cut, it covers the water bill at least 2, if not 3 times over, but only in its current form, as if the state "giving" you something in one hand and taking it away with the other is something to be happy about

I'd say you will pay it eventually one way or another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

90% of AH users are lemmings and pro Euro

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Can i borrow your time machine/device to see into the future?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

I'd say you will pay it eventually one way or another

You don't know anything about me, no I fcuking well won't, I've been to prison before for not paying a stupid fine, I'll do it again over this double tax, no way, I wont pay again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

You don't know anything about me, no I fcuking well won't, I've been to prison before for not paying a stupid fine, I'll do it again over this double tax, no way, I wont pay again!!

So you just like paying for anything so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

There is a flood of these threads at the moment

What did your employer think of that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It seems we can start threads regarding the Irish Water farce in after-hours.

Can we?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I take it you just care about yourself in the here and now and you don't care about yourself or your family's water supply in the future?

The Irish water system is an absolute mess. Pipes are not fit for purpose, leaking, water not fit for using. Nothing has been done to upgrade the water system in the last generation. I don't know about you but I would like a clean functioning water system for my family in the future.

It's funny that we donate to charities for a water supply in the third world country but it seems we are unwilling to pay for one in our own country!!

Can i borrow your time machine/device to see into the future?

So people are that dumbed down our defeated they are insisting on time machines to watch hope this will all play out. Jesus wept

• Advertisement

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I take it you just care about yourself in the here and now and you don't care about yourself or your family's water supply in the future?

The Irish water system is an absolute mess. Pipes are not fit for purpose, leaking, water not fit for using. Nothing has been done to upgrade the water system in the last generation. I don't know about you but I would like a clean functioning water system for my family in the future.

It's funny that we donate to charities for a water supply in the third world country but it seems we are unwilling to pay for one in our own country!!

We already pay and have always done so ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Unless you have no interest in being employable I would say that actually cost you quite a lot.

We already pay and have always done so ;)

So how much have you paid towards our water system and is it enough?;)

So people are that dumbed down our defeated they are insisting on time machines to watch hope this will all play out. Jesus wept

Yeah, that must be it.

What did your employer think of that one?

I don't have an employer, I work within the community and that about as much personal details you're going to get out of me. Oh the shame of not paying an unjust fine hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

How do you know all this?

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

Scaremonger much?

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    So you just like paying for anything so?

What?

I don't have an employer, I work within the community and that about as much personal details you're going to get out of me.

That's a new way of saying you're a dole-lifer.

Scaremonger much?

LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Unless you have no interest in being employable I would say that actually cost you quite a lot.

What are you on about at all? Going to prison for a couple of hours instead of paying a fine doesn't make anyone unemployable lol

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you trying to say bills won't rose as soon as the cap is gone?

Valetta wrote: »
    How do you know all this?

Really? What age are you? Were you born yesterday or come along after the last shower of reason this morn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Really? What age are you? Were you born yesterday or come along after the last shower of reason this morn?

So you don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Do we not get bored with re hashing the same ****e every other week no?

Are you trying to say bills won't rose as soon as the cap is gone?

Of course they will rise once the cap is gone and encourage proper conservation but they wont rise to a minimum of €400 a quarter as you have been stating, with no proof, nor will they be able to just raise prices for the benefit of share holders. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Valetta wrote: »
    So you don't know.

I know how companies act, especially with water supplies, check out how France and Germany got on with privatisation and what happened a soon as they took back their water ;)

That's a new way of saying you're a dole-lifer.

No it isn't, I was the project manager of a a not for profit community service startup, now I'm the CEO and i deal with hundreds of community not for profit organisations. NEXT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

No it isn't, I was the project manager of a a not for profit community service startup, now I'm the CEO and i deal with hundreds of community not for profit organisations. NEXT

Do you make a profit by collecting a wage?

• Advertisement

So you're paid from the government coffers for this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement