Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin-Galway Greenway and new Shannon Cycle Bridge (Athlone)

Options
  • 26-05-2015 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭

Not alot heard of this since last years announcement. Any progress known on her?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bovis

Not alot heard of this since last years announcement. Any progress known on her?
    You might find this website useful for updates
    http://www.dublingalwaygreenway.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

bovis wrote: »
    You might find this website useful for updates
    http://www.dublingalwaygreenway.com/

Seems we now have a "Greenway lobby" to add to all the others!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bovis

Seems we now have a "Greenway lobby" to add to all the others!
    Hi Schadenfreudia. I maintain this website as a personal endeavour as there seems to be a lot of interest in the development of this greenway and there isn't one place that gives balanced updates. This is not a greenway lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

From what I've seen the rail tracks are staying in place between Mullingar and Athlone and the greenway is on the south side of the tracks running parallel to the tracks. What's going to happen to the greenway at over bridges like this one near Streamstown? Last time I passed, there was some temporary metal barrier fencing in place at the ends of the abutments, which you'll note are on the northside, are they going to build extra bridges for the greenway?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Some photos near Moate station over here:
    pics

• Advertisement
Advertisement