Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goading of posters?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

What I have seen is X and Y are active on a thread. X posts some stuff, stats or whatnot and then ends with a smart comment where Y is named and invited to respond but usually in a very passive aggressive way and with an eye roll or two. Then if Y ignores it X comes back on with "you didn't respond to my post, you lost the argument" type response. That's not a debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Some examples of what people are talking about would be useful.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Some examples of what people are talking about would be useful.
    probably any of the mega threads in the Politics café, or any thread that goes over 10 pages say, with arguments about arguments, and nothing being said.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

It's not OK. Please report it when you see it.

I reported a recent example a week ago and PM'd the AH mods. No action nor any response by PM from the mods.

I also reported and PM'd another incident repeated use of the 'merica meme in a recent thread where it was specifically used to troll, which I thought was something AH mods were going to action. Nothing done.

These type of silences to reports of behaviour which the AH mods say are unacceptable and then don't action are exactly the reason why users are asking for greater transparancy on what has been actioned or ignored.

It's quite a turn-off from using boards when having to deal with incessant goading that is not actioned.

MadsL wrote: »
    I reported a recent example a week ago and PM'd the AH mods. No action nor any response by PM from the mods.

You reported the post, you then PMd all of the mods, and you posted in feedback before any of us had a chance to catch up on RPs.

And the post was actioned the following day. And it has been "visibly" modded if you care to actually go back and check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It's quite a turn-off from using boards when having to deal with incessant goading that is not actioned.
    Are there posts goading you specifically, or are you just talking about 'Murica' posts?

osarusan wrote: »
    Are there posts goading you specifically, or are you just talking about 'Murica' posts?

Both.

Regarding the 'merica posts, AH mods a while ago agreed that single word posts of 'merica were trollish and done to death and would be actioned. However in that thread a poster repeated used it in a hostile manner with no attempt to actually discuss facts. If that's viewed as not trolling/goading then I guess that's why I'm not a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,757 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Both.

Regarding the 'merica posts, AH mods a while ago agreed that single word posts of 'merica were trollish and done to death and would be actioned. However in that thread a poster repeated used it in a hostile manner with no attempt to actually discuss facts. If that's viewed as not trolling/goading then I guess that's why I'm not a mod.

As whoopsa pointed out - the post was actioned by the mods. The fact that you are choosing to ignore the information being clearly given to you is a more likely reason why you are not a mod. :)

You reported the post, you then PMd all of the mods, and you posted in feedback before any of us had a chance to catch up on RPs.

And the post was actioned the following day. And it has been "visibly" modded if you care to actually go back and check.
    As whoopsa pointed out - the post was actioned by the mods. The fact that you are choosing to ignore the information being clearly given to you is a more likely reason why you are not a mod. :)

My sincere apologies to the AH mods.

In my (weak) defence I only posted today in feedback about that specific issue, my post on the 7th of July was intended to be general in tone. My apologies for any perceived badgering of the mods.

...crawls off to die of embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 22,757 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thank you. Apology accepted. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement