Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casting for Season 6 (book spoilers)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Brian2208

GerB40 wrote: »
    For those too busy or lazy to google
    <removed> [SPOILER/]
    you messed up the spoiler tags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Brian2208 wrote: »
    you messed up the spoiler tags

I deleted it there but it was definitely blacked out on my phone... Apologies if I spoiled anything, it was completely unintentional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Great casting - I love Max von Sydow.

Mind you, I find myself getting excited by various casting news each season only to be disappointed at the lack of screen time, Ciaran Hinds, Mackenzie Crook and Alexander Siddig being good examples of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

They've just cast a young Ned. More flash backs I guess.

Son0vagun wrote: »
    They've just cast a young Ned. More flash backs I guess.

At least we know that they're giving Bran some decent storyline now. Seeing as his story is one of the few that hasn't passed the books I hope we get a lot of Bran.. The potential of what Bloodraven/Bran can see and do is massive. It's all but definite that we'll see the Tower of Joy so R+L=J will either be proven or disproven next season. Knowing Jon's true parentage should be huge (assuming he's actually alive).

And with a younger Ned we might get glimpses of events such as The Siege of Pyke (reintroduction to Thoros?). The possibilities are huge. I just hope the don't balls it up like they did with Dorne...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not quite casting related but HBO announced that they won't be filming in Croatia for season 6.

HBO confirmed the news in a statement, which said: 'We can confirm that based on story and location needs, "Game of Thrones" will not be shooting in Croatia for season 6".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

zerks wrote: »
    Not quite casting related but HBO announced that they won't be filming in Croatia for season 6.

HBO confirmed the news in a statement, which said: 'We can confirm that based on story and location needs, "Game of Thrones" will not be shooting in Croatia for season 6".

Looks like either mostly indoor scenes in KL or switching it to the Spanish cities with CGI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

So we have our Euron but it's not Ian McShane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Not the great Dane people were hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,047 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Freddie Stroma will play Dickon Tarly, brother of Samwell http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/game-of-thrones-freddie-stroma-dickon-tarly-1201586142/

Was hoping they'd make Dickon a sound lad, less like his dad, who is sympathetic with Sam but that casting suggests he's gonna be more a Loras Tyrell than a Robb Stark.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Latest casting news: Richard E Grant! The show is named on his agent's web page for him. Who might he be playing? I'm still pondering that ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Mad King in a flashback?

If an actor as good as Richard E Grant is going to appear on the show I just hope they don't waste such an amazing talent like they did with Cíaráin Hinds (by not giving him much screen time). He would be great as the Mad King but that would only be a cameo. Unless they're going into TWOW territory and there's a character who has a lot of screen time. That I wouldn't mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Well now I just want to see Withnail boozing across Westeros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Grant would be a fabulous Ser Hyle Hunt! Dry wit, cocky yet valiant, sneaky but generally a good guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭valor rorghulis

I'm not sure about the Euron casting, concerned they're merging his character with Victarion. As much as I like the Victarion storyline they're polar opposites.

A late 30s Jeremy Irons would have made an ideal Euron

• Registered Users Posts: 85,047 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

My guess is she'll be Moqorro, Victarion's red priest. HBO like to sex things up so I guess they don't have a problem changing the gender of the book character.

Advertisement