Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recieving back to work family dividend yet?

Options
  • 26-05-2015 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

i applied months ago social welfare website says it started on may6th. but ive heard nothing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

We got a letter a few weeks ago saying we wouldnt get it, not sure if thats any help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mossie477

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Check with your local intreo office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    We got a letter a few weeks ago saying we wouldnt get it, not sure if thats any help to you.

I understand there has been a delay in the legislation and nobody has received a payment yet but it should be sorted and backdated soon. Maybe ring your local Welfare Office for an update.

On what basis was your claim disallowed?

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    I understand there has been a delay in the legislation and nobody has received a payment yet but it should be sorted and backdated soon. Maybe ring your local Welfare Office for an update.

On what basis was your claim disallowed?
    Legislation was signed 6may. Payments are being processed currently.
    As I said. Check with your local office.

• Advertisement

My partner would have been awarded the payment but then I signed onto JSB before the payment was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    My partner would have been awarded the payment but then I signed onto JSB before the payment was made.

I would question why you didnt get it. AFAIK it was payable from January therefore if there was a gap between your partner signing off and you signing on then technically he should have been paid it for that period of time.

Yes there was a gap of 9 weeks. I'll follow this up, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mossie477

yes ive rang the swo they said its not being paid yet ? but according to the website its in payment since early may

I applied in March and got my back money a week ago. My first normal payment went in last thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

I also applied in March, heard nothing so called local office today who said they only got directives on how to process claims in recent weeks and I should get a letter in next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cakefor4

Has anyone else received the family dividend payment yet , apllied in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Noeleen1

Got a letter last week and said payment be in today but checked bank and it's not there anyone know exactly what day it's meant to be paid on thanks

Noeleen1 wrote: »
    Got a letter last week and said payment be in today but checked bank and it's not there anyone know exactly what day it's meant to be paid on thanks

Normally Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 4 buncarroll

Hi just wondering how long this payment takes to process I applied about a month ago heard nothing yet. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Has anyone receintly applied for this? Does anyone know how long new applications are taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Has anyone receintly applied for this? Does anyone know how long new applications are taking?

Hi we applied 5 of January and got a part payment Monday and full payment today

Yeah mine was through 5 days after I applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Can I ask you (if you don't mind), if you have a partner, and they work can you still get it? Even if your working part time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Can I ask you (if you don't mind), if you have a partner, and they work can you still get it? Even if your working part time?

If you and your partner completely sign off Jobseekers, it doesn’t matter how much you and your partner are earning, you get to keep the €29.80 per child for 1 year, and 1/2 for the second year.
    If your now on low income you can also apply for FIS and the BTWFD won’t be added in for the means test.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    If you and your partner completely sign off Jobseekers, it doesn’t matter how much you and your partner are earning, you get to keep the €29.80 per child for 1 year, and 1/2 for the second year.
    If your now on low income you can also apply for FIS and the BTWFD won’t be added in for the means test.

Thanks very much for your reply. I only started last week so hope to get the form in this week as I know you only have 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Thanks very much for your reply. I only started last week so hope to get the form in this week as I know you only have 4 weeks.

Best of luck with all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hello84

Hi
    My partner applied yesterday would we be waiting long to hear? Has anyone ever been backdated? Thanks

I was less then a week between applying and the payment in our account. We actually got payment before any letter

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hello84

I was less then a week between applying and the payment in our account. We actually got payment before any letter

Thanks. It's paid on a Monday is it? We're a few months late applying as I only heard of it a week ago, so hoping to be backdated but doubt it. They didnt mention it when he signed off

Yes paid on a Monday but lands in account on Saturday.

Hello84 wrote: »
    Thanks. It's paid on a Monday is it? We're a few months late applying as I only heard of it a week ago, so hoping to be backdated but doubt it. They didnt mention it when he signed off

I think you only have 4 weeks once you sign off to apply? Maybe your circumstances are within the 4 weeks?

Hi.

Just a quick question, hope you don't mind. I got a payment if €59.60 today in to my account. Sent my BTWFD form in last Friday. Have 3 kids. Could this be a payment from it? Would it be so quick? Thought I would have received a letter?

Maybe it's isn't it?? Would SW pay in to my bank account money that was owed from when I signed off, even though I use to go to the post office to collect??

Sorry for all the questions. Just confused

Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Hi.

Just a quick question, hope you don't mind. I got a payment if €59.60 today in to my account. Sent my BTWFD form in last Friday. Have 3 kids. Could this be a payment from it? Would it be so quick? Thought I would have received a letter?

Maybe it's isn't it?? Would SW pay in to my bank account money that was owed from when I signed off, even though I use to go to the post office to collect??

Sorry for all the questions. Just confused

Thanks x

Hi

When I got my first payment last year it was less than I was expecting but it was correct the next week, I took it that it was a part payment as it started the day they received application and they didn’t wait a full week to pay it, iykwim. I get it every Thursday. See what you get next week. I was very quick getting it, as it is done in local dole office not sent away somewhere else.

Hope this helps,

• Advertisement

It’s paid on a Monday and arrives into your bank on a Saturday but our first payment was more then the usual weeks payment due to arrears but we got payment before any letters from them

Advertisement