Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Considering Windows Phone after iPhone 4S

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Seems more like 130~150 at that its knocking on the door of the 640. But the 925 has a better camera OIS, metal body etc. Good spot I might consider one myself. No SD card slot though. Might want to consider the 32GB one. I though that was VF exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Yeah she likes to snap pictures with it, seems ideal. One sold on ebay.de this morning for 42e but it was pretty scratched.

Finding one that doesnt have those pointy alu corners unscratched it the difficult bit

• Registered Users Posts: 64,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Finding one that doesnt have those pointy alu corners unscratched it the difficult bit

I'd have thought that wouldn't be hard!

The 925 does not come with native wireless charging but there are wireless charging covers for it. And they protect all the corners. I've a 925 with one of those covers

The bottom of my phone has scratches from coins in my pocket though, but the corners are mint :D

Im bidding on a 32gb now anyway.

I see theres a DIY for putting the wireless charging into the 925 too :)

It will keep me going til the 940 comes out anyway, although Im hoping it wont have the suggested 5.2 inch screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Do ye have any recommendations on where to buy online? Looking to outer a 930 or 1520 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I see theres a DIY for putting the wireless charging into the 925 too :)

Aye, as there is for many smartphones these days. Why would you bother though if you can get a shell for a bit over a tenner?

That still leaves the usb port available for wired charging / data (without having to take the plug out every time)

unkel wrote: »
    Aye, as there is for many smartphones these days. Why would you bother though if you can get a shell for a bit over a tenner?

That still leaves the usb port available for wired charging / data (without having to take the plug out every time)

Just for kicks, like cars, I love adding factory extras even if they arent bringing much extra value or convenience, if any :)

Im picking up my 925 tonight anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

Just for kicks, like cars, I love adding factory extras even if they arent bringing much extra value or convenience, if any :)

Im picking up my 925 tonight anyway
    There's a "factory extra" for adding wireless charging to the 925 (the CC-3065, available in Black, White, Red or Yellow, about a tenner on Amazon) and there's DIY. Why would you want go DIY?

Bayberry wrote: »
    There's a "factory extra" for adding wireless charging to the 925 (the CC-3065, available in Black, White, Red or Yellow, about a tenner on Amazon) and there's DIY. Why would you want go DIY?

I dont want a case on my phone, and just as a test to see if I can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Burning Bridges

I moved to android, (Z3) i hated it, had to buy a second hand iPhone which was much better for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement