Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make your own e liquid ?

Options
  • 24-05-2015 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

Has anyone made there own liquids ? Just made 10 ml of lemon 0% nic using VG water and about 4 drops of lemon food flavouring ill post results in a bit

VG cost 1.29 in super value for 38 ml
    (which will make 45 ml of juice)
    And flavour was 89 cent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Taste is good and vase production from a standard ce4 tank is immense compared to standard !

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I buy the 50/50 nicotine base from vapebase.de and use flavour concentrates from TJUICE. Don't know if I'd be in to making it how you are but then the flavours used in real juice are probably food additives anyway, not sure on that.

I buy the 50/50 nicotine base from vapebase.de and use flavour concentrates from TJUICE. Don't know if I'd be in to making it how you are but then the flavours used in real juice are probably food additives anyway, not sure on that.

I YouTube'd it and that's what is used in them so I said I'd try it out, also watered down some 24mg tobacco liquid that was cutting me in two, and the vap production is increased tenfold

Interesting. If you're enjoying the increased vapour and will be going back to buying premade juice then go for max VG types, there are drawbacks with wicking and flavour but you can work around these.

Interesting. If you're enjoying the increased vapour and will be going back to buying premade juice then go for max VG types, there are drawbacks with wicking and flavour but you can work around these.

I plan on upgrading my setup to a variable voltage battery with a wickless clearomizer to increase vap and flavour, and also to dispense with the dry burn taste you get, what's the best tank for a variable voltage setup ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

fergus1001 wrote: »
    I plan on upgrading my setup to a variable voltage battery with a wickless clearomizer to increase vap and flavour, and also to dispense with the dry burn taste you get, what's the best tank for a variable voltage setup ?

All clearomisers have a wick, you just don't see it on some.

When you say variable voltage, are you thinking of a I stick type device or a spinner. Hint: go the istick route, with an aspire nautilus or aerotank mega. Vaping will never be the same, until you go sub ohm in a kanger subtank or similar that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I buy the 50/50 nicotine base from vapebase.de and use flavour concentrates from TJUICE

I do the same thing with Vapebase just got a litre of 50/50 6mg this week :)

how is TJuice? can you recommend any flavours?

I usually like Berry \ Fruit but open to anything apart from Tobacco flavour

oh does anyone know where you can buy some decent 30ml glass bottles like this one?

I've never vaped a wickless clearo. I've heard good things but I've never seen one and went frm aerotanks/Nautilus like Fred recommends to rebuildables like the Kayfun 3.1 and Taifun GT, both clones which are said to work just as well for 10/15 rather than 100. These types give a similar but better experience than the Nautilus etc but you'll have to make your own coils which is quite easy and quick after you beat the learning curve.

I'm using the Subtank mini and Aqua V4 now. You should try a subtank before you buy one, because it's a different kind of vape to what you're used to, but it's hard to beat for me. Istick 30w is probably the best value device to start you off on variable voltages/wattages.

kingtiger wrote: »
    I do the same thing with Vapebase just got a litre of 50/50 6mg this week :)

how is TJuice? can you recommend any flavours?

I usually like Berry \ Fruit but open to anything apart from Tobacco flavour

Red Astaire: Like Cherry tunes the cough sweets/soothers.

Black n Blue: similar to RA above, but more like blackjack sweets with menthol. I'm a fan but it's too sweet for an ADV for me.

Vamp Vape: coconut and I think hints of cherry. Nice, too sweet for an ADV.

Skip Col Custard which is bland and no match for better custards.

Jaque Le Mon: interesting but not great for me, lemon sherbet with something weird about it. Worth a shot I'd say. No idea about the bottles, I'm on the lookout for various sizes myself so if you see any for a good price let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

You can get similar bottles on amazon, they're surprisingly cheap too.

• Advertisement

When you say variable voltage, are you thinking of a I stick type device or a spinner. Hint: go the istick route, with an aspire nautilus or aerotank mega. Vaping will never be the same, until you go sub ohm in a kanger subtank or similar that is.

That's my intention to go sub ohm with a variable voltage battery, reason I want to go all in is I don't want to end up sick of my ego t and end up on the analogs again,

Would you recommend a mt3 tank as an interim until I order in the stuff I really want?

That's my intention to go sub ohm with a variable voltage battery, reason I want to go all in is I don't want to end up sick of my ego t and end up on the analogs again,

Would you recommend a mt3 tank as an interim until I order in the stuff I really want?

Personally, I would go with an aspire ego clearo, such as this one http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/553-aspire-et-s-bvc-glassomizer-set.html

Or a kanger Evod 2 or TD3 http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/418-kanger-t3d-bdc-clearomizer.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Pretty sure the Eleaf GS Air works on an ego and its a far better tank than any of the above or any of the basic kangers on the market.

Similar price as well (think I paid €10.50 for one).

Has anyone made there own liquids ? Just made 10 ml of lemon 0% nic using VG water and about 4 drops of lemon food flavouring ill post results in a bit

VG cost 1.29 in super value for 38 ml
    (which will make 45 ml of juice)
    And flavour was 89 cent

Be careful using that type of flavouring. You might be better off just buying standard concentrates designed for e juice.

Apparently some food flavourings have oils in them that aren't safe to vape.....

Trond wrote:
    Apparently some food flavourings have oils in them that aren't safe to vape.....

You have to make sure it's water based, I checked the ingredients and it was water and lemon food flavour that's all

Trond wrote: »
    Pretty sure the Eleaf GS Air works on an ego and its a far better tank than any of the above or any of the basic kangers on the market.

Similar price as well (think I paid €10.50 for one).

It is, but it would be completely wasted on an ego battery.

Edit: maybe it wouldn't, I was thinking of the Melo.

It is, but it would be completely wasted on an ego battery.

Never even thought of that side of things! Not sure how it would operate at the lower voltages, probably nowhere near as good..

Personally, I would go with an aspire ego clearo, such as this one

I got an aspire clearo today there is no comparison to the ce4 consistent vaping now and no burnt taste at all

Just an update on my own e liquid it is the most flavour I ever got from an e liquid, it's like eating a sherbert lemon candy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

Just an update on my own e liquid it is the most flavour I ever got from an e liquid, it's like eating a sherbert lemon candy

What brand of flavouring is it and where did you get it ?

It's just bog standard goodals from supervalue !

And made a batch with pure vanilla extract and it's gorgeous had to use 100% VG because the vanilla extract thins out the VG a lot but it's lovely for sitting down in the evening, the other half loves it too because the vanilla aroma around the place reminds her of home made cookies ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

Some of ye might have the answer to this,how do I reduce the flavour from a mix I made up,added 20% to a base mix instead of 15%. It's too bloody strong and its a 50ml bottle so dont really want to dump it.
    Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Dr Bill wrote: »
    Some of ye might have the answer to this,how do I reduce the flavour from a mix I made up,added 20% to a base mix instead of 15%. It's too bloody strong and its a 50ml bottle so dont really want to dump it.
    Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I think somebody mentioned distilled water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Just ad more base mix, wouldn't use water anyway

You have to make sure it's water based, I checked the ingredients and it was water and lemon food flavour that's all

I picked up a bottle of that Goodalls Lemon , I see it also contains isopropanol . Is this ok to vape ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

jonski wrote: »
    I picked up a bottle of that Goodalls Lemon , I see it also contains isopropanol . Is this ok to vape ?

I seriously doubt it

JH_raheny wrote: »
    I seriously doubt it

I'm inclined to doubt it too but I can't find anything on the net about it except for some post about people using it to clean their vaping gear .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

jonski wrote:
    I'm inclined to doubt it too but I can't find anything on the net about it except for some post about people using it to clean their vaping gear .

If its used to clean then I definitely wouldn't vape it.

• Advertisement

Safety & Toxicology

Vapor from isopropyl alcohol is flammable and should be kept away from heat sources. Consumption, inhalation and absorption of isopropyl alcohol leads to poisoning. Work in a well ventilated area and wear gloves to prevent isopropyl alcohol poisoning.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/info_8713406_isopropanol-alcohol-vs-isopropyl-alcohol.html

Advertisement