Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Froch-GGG September, Wembley

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Anyway Froch may want GGG but who's to say the fight would interest GGG.

GGG has been retweeing lots of stuff about a possible fight with Froch, there is no doubt in my mind that he wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

I'm almost certain froch will avoid GGG like the plague and fight degale instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Froch is making all the right noises for a GGG fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/06/froch-expected-to-make-decision-on-golovkin-fight-this-week/

Agree with the writer at the end but not his analysis of the DeGale fight.

Anyway Froch may want GGG but who's to say the fight would interest GGG.

That is an atrocious piece of (ahem) 'journalism'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

pac_man wrote: »
    Yeah that writer is a gob****e that has a serious vendetta against Degale for whatever reason.I can't find the article the article he did on the Degale-Dirrell fight but he more or less said that it was the biggest robbery in boxing that he saw in a long time. It's probably just deliberate clickbait.

Haha, I had a feeling it was Scott Gilfoid before I opened it. Can't remember the exact craic with him, but think it's something along the lines that his name is a pseudonym, and his 'articles' are solely for the purpose of trolling.

If Froch did take the Degale fight instead of GGG there's nothing wrong with that. Degale is a dangerous opponent !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,627 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Big Ears wrote: »
    Haha, I had a feeling it was Scott Gilfoid before I opened it. Can't remember the exact craic with him, but think it's something along the lines that his name is a pseudonym, and his 'articles' are solely for the purpose of trolling.

If Froch did take the Degale fight instead of GGG there's nothing wrong with that. Degale is a dangerous opponent !

DeGale is more dangerous than GGG for Froch!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think DeGale beats Froch, I think he'd out box him although DeGale won't get away with boxing like he did against Dirrell in the middle bit of their fight. Would love to see DeGale - Froch, I think it's a very interesting fight but Froch isn't getting any younger.

Johner wrote: »
    I think DeGale beats Froch, I think he'd out box him although DeGale won't get away with boxing like he did against Dirrell in the middle bit of their fight. Would love to see DeGale - Froch, I think it's a very interesting fight but Froch isn't getting any younger.

I agree. And the single reason he wins is because DeGale is a tough fcuker. He won't fold as easy as Groves. Add this single ingredient to the other areas like speed and balance and movement and decent power, and I don't see any area that Froch can really exploit here to get a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

No offence to DeGale and I know he has improved greatly since that loss, but I'd like him to fight Groves again first before Froch (which I know, Froch might be retired by the then)...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

For whatever reason, deGale seems to be missing something. Even though he has been improving a little bit all the time he is just not there yet. Sure he may have better boxing skills than froch, but he is vulnerable.

• Advertisement

DeGale does have a very strange punching technique. He punches downwards from his fingers to the knuckle. Anyone notice this? Like downward slapping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

One thing I'll give DeGale though, he seems to have a cast-Iron chin. He seemed happy enough to take big shots from Dirrell and they didn't seem to faze him. I had noticed the same before in other fights.

menoscemo wrote: »
    One thing I'll give DeGale though, he seems to have a cast-Iron chin. He seemed happy enough to take big shots from Dirrell and they didn't seem to faze him. I had noticed the same before in other fights.

I can get behind this, but have yet to see him really whacked. Dirrell is an ordinary puncher. Groves didn't punch with serious intent, and DeGales's other opponents to date have been so so. Looking at him he does seem to have a lot of intangibles. Rough and tough, as well as smooth and slick. The toughness is definitely there.

Advertisement