Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS3 cannot connect to PSN on UPC cisco router

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pilch

If turning the firewall off allows you to connect then it looks like setting the firewall to 'low' and setting up the port forwarding with the PSN ports is the next thing to try.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Got a new router from UPC, all is good.
    Back online - now have to download about 500GB worth of games...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pilch

F1ngers wrote: »
    Got a new router from UPC, all is good.
    Back online - now have to download about 500GB worth of games...:P

What... How... Why?
    Can i ask did you only deal with UPC on their freephone number on 1908 or did you have to call the premium line technical Helpdesk ?
    I am asking that as my PS3 seems fine but Chrome on my laptop keeps timing out and having DNS fits no matter what DNS I point it to.

Great to hear your back online, I hope you have iulimited download allowance for that monster download mountain!!

pilch wrote: »
    What... How... Why?
    Can i ask did you only deal with UPC on their freephone number on 1908 or did you have to call the premium line technical Helpdesk ?
    I am asking that as my PS3 seems fine but Chrome on my laptop keeps timing out and having DNS fits no matter what DNS I point it to.

UPC have a Talk To forum(link below), they did a line test and found no issues.
    They put the order in for me yesterday evening and I got my new Ubee modem this afternoon.

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546
    pilch wrote: »
    Great to hear your back online, I hope you have iulimited download allowance for that monster download mountain!!

Totally unlimited. :D
    Between the three of us here, we upload/download a TB per month...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Same here, another UPC customer getting disconnected nearly every 15mins....terrible it is.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Same here, another UPC customer getting disconnected nearly every 15mins....terrible it is.

That's a different error to what we were experiencing.

Go to the Talk to UPC forum and ask for your line to be tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Check your uPNP settings on the router,
    My housemate had a similar issue with connecting to works servers & he tweeted @UPC to ask to enable our routers settings. Since then I've never had trouble accessing PSN or anything.

Advertisement