Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Ryanair flight due to death

Options
  • 19-05-2015 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

Looking to cancel a ryanair flight for parents for next due to death of uncle. From reading it looks like it's copy of death certificate they need. Does anyone know if it's a difficult and timely process and how long it roughly takes to get claim processed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Condolences to you and your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

Sorry to hear about your uncle OP. About two years ago we had to apply for the same - had a refund from Ryanair within a week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 81,366 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sorry to hear of your loss. Im not sure exactly but for previous flights that I have cancelled and rebooked due to flight time alteration issues on their end it has been less than 7 days for them to put the money back on my credit card.

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/questions/one-of-my-family-members-has-died-and-i-dont-want-to-travel/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 macker20493

Happened myself in April, I took a snippet from rip.ie and they gave a refund. as far as I can remember it has to be within 28 days of travelling? well let me know how u get on! Thoughts are with you and your family OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭mjp

Was in touch with ryanair and to my surprise I managed get flights changed to 2 weeks time with no additional charge for changing flights. Only paid a small difference between flight costs. Was 7 family members in total and got sorted very quickly by their customer service team.

Must be a change in policy on their side as wasn't expecting to get much joy off them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 macker20493

Same as myself, I done everything through Web chat with a very helpful lad was quite surprised given the reputation they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Good to hear that about Ryanair. They have really turned their policies around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement