Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for Critique, please

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Reoil wrote: »
    When I look at a photograph, I don't want to immediately think - "What am I supposed to be look at?".
    The man is the focus of the photograph. The cables are a distraction. For me.
    I think the man, sitting in a first story window, would suggest "urban".
    I don't think the outside electric infrastructure would add to tell a story.
    Just my opinion.
    All the cables immediately make me think of Spain so to me, he's gone from a guy sitting in a window in some part of the world, to maybe a guy on holiday in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I don't think the cables take from the picture, as others have said they give it a sense of place.
    I think the top of the overhang above the guy in the window is distracting. There's a narrow line there that's pulling focus, but I think the widescreen is cutting too low.

This is my crop matching original proportions.

a2lpD9W.jpg

Advertisement