Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocked down by reversing car

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Just out of interest OP, why do you feel you were "lucky" to be wearing hi-vis when you were hit by that motorist reversing onto a cycle lane in a car park?

He said he was wearing his hi vis, and helmet. Surely the 'luckily' was about the helmet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

groovyg wrote: »
    I don't think he's allowed post in this thread

filepicker%2F8ZDhYfTT3ubodfG7QsUc_snitches_get_stitches.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

A lot of armchair experts popping up on this one unfortunately.... I'll try and offer a little advice based upon my own experience.

1) Liability - Didn't witness, can't comment.... solicitor is best positioned to advise here.
    2) Should you claim? - Entirely a personal choice.... I can't stress this enough... there needs to be liability on the other party otherwise there is no claim. IMO if you have suffered at somebody else hands then yes is my opinion but I'm basing it on experience... here is my story: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93328566
    3) Your health is priority #1 FULL STOP! - Get yourself sorted back to 100% or a known prognosis. You have 2 years from the date of the accident to lodge your claim with the personal injuries board.

If you are intending or even thinking of progressing with a claim you need to inform the Gardai of the accident & will likely need to get in touch with the driver and their insurance company. Solicitor can best advise here also.

Note: Your solicitor fees are not recoverable as part of the personal injuries board process. Feel free to ping any questions... I'm not a legal expert, just been through the bumpy long process... hope this helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

How is this thread different to the one closed where a guy was hit by a bike? Seems very one sided? I.e
    "got hit by a cyclist" -we will be having none of that!
    "Got hit by a car" - 8 pages of discussion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

gallag wrote: »
    How is this thread different to the one closed where a guy was hit by a bike? Seems very one sided? I.e
    "got hit by a cyclist" -we will be having none of that!
    "Got hit by a car" - 8 pages of discussion.

MOD VOICE: One is asking for advice on what to do, the other, while nothing wrong with the original post, and you will find, most of the posters on this forum will think that the cyclist in the thread you are referring to is a d*ck. The thread, unfortunately will invite a type of poster we refer to as Seagull posters who fly in, sh1t on everything and leave, there have been enough of those threads over the years, and no need for any new ones. After Hours take care of these threads really well and they are welcome to them. I'd sooner spend my time doing more than banning and carding posters who can't read the rules and stick to them so it is easier just to close such threads, if you wish to discuss it further please drop me a PM

• Advertisement
Advertisement