Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CONFUSED! Letter from Revenue Commissioners about previous work!?

Options
  • 14-05-2015 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me out here as I'm a bit worried/confused! :s

I got a letter today from the Dept. of Social Protection saying they'd been informed by the Revenue Commissioners that I am working/have worked/receive a pension from a local business (don't want to name company).

I did actually do some work for them over Christmas sales for 2 days, which I told my local social welfare office about and my JSA was deducted accordingly, I made it clear to the social welfare that this was just a temporary 2 day contract and no full time employment would be available afterwards - that was all grand and my JSA went back to normal the following week.

Flash forward 5 months and I get this letter in the post looking from the social looking for a P45 (didn't get one) and for me to get the company to fill out a form detailing pay, hours worked etc. - I doubt they're even going to remember me I was only there for 2 days which I made clear to the social - basically the letter ends saying if I don't have this information in 2 weeks my JSA will be cut.

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them before?

It's got me a bit stressed as I'm worried I done something wrong now even though I was upfront about getting the 2 days work last year over Christmas!

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

You've nothing to worry about.

Speak to DSP. Their records may not reflect the exact situation properly. They will be able to see that you were deducted two days from your jobseeker's payment. If they require anything further they'll tell you but you'll have to speak to them.

If you were taxed on your payment you may even be due a tax refund from revenue, so it's worth checking that out with reveue also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 OwlGirl

You've nothing to worry about.

Speak to DSP. Their records may not reflect the exact situation properly. They will be able to see that you were deducted two days from your jobseeker's payment. If they require anything further they'll tell you but you'll have to speak to them.

If you were taxed on your payment you may even be due a tax refund from revenue, so it's worth checking that out with reveue also.

Thanks for the reply - I think I was just a bit panicked when I first saw the letter but you're right, the best thing is to go down and explain the situation to them and hopefully it's just a case of crossed wires! :)

Advertisement